IGNORED

Ya Gotta Love Yamaha Canada Parts Pricing!

KeithR

I went to the local dealer to get some prices on a few items after I looked in the US online......(Yamahasportsplaza.com)

Left Crash Bar - $390.99 CDN - $237.93 US

Clutch Plates - $15.99 CDN - $6.95 US

Oil Filter - $13.99 CDN - $7.95 US

Air Filter - $44.99 CDN - $20.33 US

Almost double to support the local CDN dealer......even with freight I'll still be in money.

I guess I will have to support the US economy....again!

Thought I'd share

Keith

If you have another Yamaha dealer close by check on their pricing. Now I call around for pricing, I look up the number first so i dont waste too much time on the phone and call 3 dealers within a short drive from me. The dealer here in town is ALways 30-50% more than the other guys. Usually i get good price from the ooutta town guys, I just have them drop it on mail or on the bus and I have it in a day or so. shipping from close by isnt too badly priced.

It seems to me the small town guys that sell the quads etc, look at the parts pricing differently than the bike guys

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just an update......I received my order today from Yamaha Sports Plaza

My Local Dealer total $752.30

Same order landed here all fees paid.....$440.42

$311.88 Big Difference Considering it all came from a Yamaha Warehouse Somewhere

Keith

($7.98 for a Yamaha filter from those guys)

Hey Kieth they stated on the news that canadians are 40,000.00 a year richer than americans they always fail to mention yalls prices are always double what we pay

That is before taxes, insurance fees, cost of living expenditures and oh did I mention taxes:mo money:

I went to the local dealer to get some prices on a few items after I looked in the US online......(Yamahasportsplaza.com)

Left Crash Bar - $390.99 CDN - $237.93 US

Clutch Plates - $15.99 CDN - $6.95 US

Oil Filter - $13.99 CDN - $7.95 US

Air Filter - $44.99 CDN - $20.33 US

Almost double to support the local CDN dealer......even with freight I'll still be in money.

I guess I will have to support the US economy....again!

Thought I'd share

Keith

It should work out ok for us Keith, ol' Jimbo's gonna take of us cause he's been studyin' this very problem for a year. I just know something will happen....soon....really. :fingers crossed:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/09/08/pol-canada-us-price-differences.html