Was wondering has anyone attempted to make a windshiled out of the same thickness lexan? I have thought about like a Cee Baileys shorter windshield, but I have a sheet of lexan (I think the same thickness as current windscreen) and was wondering if anyone has made thier own. I saw a couple posts somewhere about cutting down the current OEM windscreen.

I made a lower sheild for my RSTD using 1/8" thick clear Lexan , it worked well and was easy to do . It is prone to scratches more that the stock shield but for the money i plan to replace it once the scratches become a problem.

THanks fellows. My plan of attack is to use a piece of cardboard to make a pattern off the OEM, then shorten it up and use the contour of the top edge. For me I seem to remember like 13" from top of the notch would be about right.

Before you go to all that work I have a OEM shield I cut down. I would have to measure but I'm thinking around 13". It's yours for the shipping if Interested. It was pretty scratched up on top and my plan was to add some dark tint to it. But after a test ride I didn't like it. To much buffeting on me and the wife and really had to turn up the tunes to hear. If you decide to cut one find some other way besides tape to prevent scratching from the saw or whatever you use to cut it. I read where duct tape would remove the film so I used masking tape and it still removed it in patches.

Well the Lexan I have is brand spanking new. Well sort of I have had it for 15+ years but it has the protective film on it. I havent checked the thickness on it yet either as I'm working up to this prject. I like the tall shield and so far it hasnt caused me much grief in the rain. Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind.