IGNORED

New Mount for Bright Front LED lights

DRS Fabrication has designed a durable metal, powder coated FRONT LED light mount, utilizing existing Royal Star Venture bolt holes. This is mounted low, away from the headlight and creates an enourmous amount of road illumination, as well as attractability. Combined with the Whelen LED Flash module, this allows many different, unique attention getting flashes or always-on setting. I have used a 27 watt LED light on each side of the front fender. It makes a magnificant light. The nice thing about using the Whelen LED Flash module it has the ability to a reduced light setting as well as a high light setting.

The lights range from $25 on up depending what wattage, brand, size, shape, etc., each. I've seen the module as inexpensive as $33. The mount is priceless. If you're interested in getting a price on the mount, contact Dennis @ 814-360-9233 (Pennsylvania); a 2006 Royal Star Venture owner.

I'm sure you could go with smaller lights. Originally I used ultralight aircraft landing lights found on eBay, which were junk, not bright enough. He designed and made brackets for that too. I bet if you give him measurements, he could adapt. He is pretty sharp and crafty.

Also, if you want "heard" he crafted a mount off of the front radio mount to hold my 120 deibel electric air horn. I'm sure you've seen them for around $45. It just fits under the front cowling.

-Dave

Landing lights not bright enough. :rotf:Depends on which ones and how much watts. I had like an 83 Suzuki GS1100 and mounted some landing lights on it. 13v and 60w+ I think. Long before I understood about the amount of amps etc to power them required. All I know is I could run one under 30 mph, to run both I'd better be moving around 60 or else the bike had no power. Now I know why. Things we learn.