IGNORED

XVZ 1200 Exhaust Removal

Diddly

Hi.

I'm trying to completely remove the exhaust. The mufflers, front down pipes and lower chamber/collector box are off but how do I get the rear downpipes off the bike? I've managed to get the cover plate out but the down pipe is proving awkward. There is obviously a knack but I haven't got it. Has anyone else any experience of removing this part?

Thanks in advance,

Fi

Hi.

I'm trying to completely remove the exhaust. The mufflers, front down pipes and lower chamber/collector box are off but how do I get the rear downpipes off the bike? I've managed to get the cover plate out but the down pipe is proving awkward. There is obviously a knack but I haven't got it. Has anyone else any experience of removing this part?

Thanks in advance,

Fi

Undo the clamps, move the rear master cylinder reserviour out of the way (outside of the frame) & work it out the right side. May need to shift the master cylinder as well. There is no need to disconnect the lines for the brake fluid.

Undo the clamps, move the rear master cylinder reserviour out of the way (outside of the frame) & work it out the right side. May need to shift the master cylinder as well. There is no need to disconnect the lines for the brake fluid.

Yeah there was that....:whistling: I was trying to remember. My head just ain't what it used ta be..

I haven't done it but since he wants everything off, can the collector be removed before the back pipes and then wiggle the back pipes out the bottom? I'm just pukin out ideas here.

Yeah there was that....:whistling: I was trying to remember. My head just ain't what it used ta be..

Head butting oak trees have anything to do with that????

I haven't done it but since he wants everything off, can the collector be removed before the back pipes and then wiggle the back pipes out the bottom? I'm just pukin out ideas here.

Collector is already off & no room to pull the rear pipes out the bottom, thus pulling them out the side.

The tree ain't complaining....