IGNORED

spin on oil filter adapter

If you look closely you may notice that the one on ebay used a smaller filter. The one from Buckeye uses a larger filter but the selection of elements is critical as some are too large in diameter to clear the front frame rail. The Fram filter pictured on the Buckeye site fits nicely.

These filter fit the Rivco from Buckeye Performance. I have no idea if they fit any other types.

These filter all fit inside the frame with no issues.

Oil Filter (Gold) FIL 1381

Product Line: NAPA Filters

Interchange Mfg.: Fram (Autolite)

Interchange Mfg. Part Number: PH3950

Oil Filter (NASCAR) NFI 91381

Product Line: NASCAR Select Filters

Oil Filter - Mobil One MFI M1105

Product Line: Mobil One Filters

Oil Filter (ProSelect) SFI 21381

Product Line: NAPA ProSelect Filters

Oil Filter - K&N Filters BK 7355554

Product Line: Balkamp

Interchange Mfg. Part Number: PH3950 BK 7355554

K&N's HP1005 fits on the Rivco Adapter, has no clearance issues, it does rub up against the bar, but not enough to cause damage, or injuries.

(and after showing it to my boss, the guys went and made another one with even stronger stuff, and probably far better stronger tac welds) I've got that sitting at the shop though in case I ever need it.

the ebay model I can reach up inside with no tools and take off. I dont have to remove the lower chin fairing and it doesnt rub any supports goiung on or off. Like I said it works well for me as so far no problems. Im on my 4th oil change now and have noticed no side effects.

David

Purolator L10193 and Mobil 1 M1-105 fits the Rivco adapter also. I use the Purolator. Purolator is about the only filter (others than Cummins and Dodge) that is approved for the Cummins diesel in my trucks. If it's good for them, then it must be good for the Yamaha.

These part numbers come from a 1980 Chev LUV 4cyl (crossed Fram #back to actual vehicle).