my throttle is very sticky for some reason and i get a clicky-crunchy noise from the cruise control box just before its returns to no throttle. Is there any way to get into the cruse control box to see it its working properly?

Once you lube the cable, if it hasn't cleared You probably have an issue inside the throttle wire joint.

My spring had slipped. I over twisted the throttle when I was removing the grips.

I know exactly what the clicky-crunchy noise you speak of sounds like. I thought I broke a cable but it turned out to be an easy fix. Take it apart, inspect & clean the cables.

The hardest part is you have to disassemble the left fairung to get to it.

can i take just the left side of the fairing off?

For the most part, yup. There are a few exeptions, bottom windshield trim, headlight cover, upper vent pickup trim under headlight, windshield to remove 1 console screw (unless you have right angle screwdriver) & false tank cover.

Remember, lower left fairing & radiator trim with reflector will need to come off as well.

can i take just the left side of the fairing off?

You will have to remove the radio, amp & cassete, the entire top left half, the top side fairing & well can be unbolted from the lower half easy enough. It takes a little time but it's not difficult, just a P.I.T.A.

ok just to update i have finally finished the throttle assembly on rebuild, the crunchy noise was found to be the return cable had come out of the grove and was jamming up the works.

now realigned and cleaned my throttle now snaps shut with authority:cool10: