IGNORED

Motorcyclist Mag named

midnightrider1300

I had a 1970 CB750 stolen in Winterhaven Florida in 1972 while attending motorcycle speed week in Daytona. It had Wixom fairing, side bags, sissie bar and rack. Never got a clue on it, the police desk sargeant said they got his about two months earlier and it was never recovered either. They took mine from right beside my riding partner's Harley 74. I had to fly home to Toledo, Ohio.

I replaced it with a used '71, was never quite the same. The 1970's came close to being the same as the '69's, some differences. Sand cast engine was the biggest difference I think.

A friend of mine and I each bought one in early 1970, we were sold when the dealer balanced a nickle on the engine while it was idling.

Yep, I think it was a industry changer. Smooth, powerful, no push rods, and four carburetors. Soon after came the Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha in-line multiples.

I've owned several of them over the years. They were, and still are, great bikes. I may have to agree with the choice. There were a lot of bikes that followed in it's footsteps.

I guess that is the 1 bike that that changed riding as we know it.. it was affordable and a very good machine..the one my brother had was a metallic brown, I thought it was the prettiest bike I ever seen...and for me a 14/15 yr old to be able to ride that machine...PRICELESS

Yup, it was the first superbike too. It came with the first disc brake as production, it was smooth, in-line 4 and yes you could balance a glass of water on the seat while running and not spill it.

It was also called boring too. You didn't have to fix it all the time.

Btw, I have two later models - '75 & '76.

Saw a '69 Sandcast go for over 40k on eBay not too long ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeMgEuf30G4]Greatest Ever Motorcycles: # 3 - Honda CB 750 (K0) - YouTube[/ame]

My first new bike (I still have it) was a 1974 CB750K4. I had never ridden anything so big and powerful. The dealer's parking lot was big, on a hillside and gravel! I thought I would dump it before I could even get onto the street. I was so nervous and glad to get to pavement without incident, that I promptly went the wrong way on a one-way street.

the 69 honda cb750 the motorcycle of the century...what are your thoughts?

Restored a '69 CB750 with a sand cast engine from the ground up. Fun ride, then someone rode it liked they stoled it. Got it back in pieces with a $150 storage bill from the wrecking yard.... Gave what was left to a young kid for a project... On the bike of the century.... it was a game changer. Affordable, and lots of performance.... Honda sold a ton of them.