IGNORED

NorthEast / East Canada Destination Suggestion?

ablumny

Hi there.

A buddy and I are leaving Long Island for a week ride. Original plan was to head south, Dragon, Skyline, Blue Ridge, etc but felt the south in August would be way too hot. So now we are thinking North. Been over most of upstate NY, Mt Greystone, MA, Mt Washington NH, Nova Scotia.

I'm struggling for a good set of destinations and routes anywhere in Maine promarily nut also northern new Hampshire, vermont, eastern Canada. Kinda thinking about a loop up the east coast, up the US/ Canada border, coming back down NY to long island.

I was also thinking of heading west to Michigan, central Canada, back thru ny.

Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated :)

Andrew

If you're looking for cooler air, I should warn you - it was 91 F. here today and they are calling for 93 to 95 F. tomorrow. Of course if it's 105 F. where you are then I suppose that still may feel cooler! If you go far enough East, there are some nice roads and views in the Atlantic provinces and then along the St. Lawrence River back through Quebec and Ontario. I guess it depends on how much time you have and how many kilometres (or miles) you want to rack up in that time.

Andy

Fingeer Lakes of NY then head to 1000 Islands in Brockville to Kingston.

Take Hwy 15 to Ottawa, follow #7 to Peterborough then on to Tobormorry...take the Chechemin ferry to Manitoulin Island, get off the north end of the island and head west to Sault Ste Marie and cross into Michagan.

I've done all of that route at different times (except cross into the US from Sault Ste Marie. I looped around back east from there.

I've ridden from Chicago to the southern tier of NY....

I thnk that would be a great ride!

Are you taking the ferry? If so I would go up rt8 to rt 100 in VT all the way to the end of it and then go east over into NH towards Errol ME through Dixville gap down 16 to rt2 from there you could either head up and come down the coast or back towards Vt and Ny and the Addirondaks.

All great ideas. Exactly what I needed to jump start the planning. I like the idea of heading into Canada on this trip but taking in all new England states too. Ferry over ? Possibly....good suggestion there.

Thx again..... Still time for more suggestions!

Thanks again folks. Checked out Traders suggestion and that looks good, thanks. Doesn't look like the temps are any better north of me this time of year then south so we may reconsider heading south instead!