IGNORED

Radio problem

midnightrider1300

Mine was doing the same thing. The small audio control swith on my circuit board had some broken solder connections, it would make contact sometimes, sometimes it wouldn't. It got to where it was changing by itself (the viberation of the bike of course was causing it). It was too small for me to resolder, so I took it off. I traced the circuits and soldered small wires to the back side of the board and connected them to a small monentary on push toggle switch. Works fine.

If yours has broken connections, you might take it to a TV or Radio repair shop, they might be able to make repairs to the small control switch.

C.R.

Mine was doing the same thing. The small audio control swith on my circuit board had some broken solder connections, it would make contact sometimes, sometimes it wouldn't. It got to where it was changing by itself (the viberation of the bike of course was causing it). It was too small for me to resolder, so I took it off. I traced the circuits and soldered small wires to the back side of the board and connected them to a small monentary on push toggle switch. Works fine.

If yours has broken connections, you might take it to a TV or Radio repair shop, they might be able to make repairs to the small control switch.

C.R.

well I hardly ever use anything but aux.... BUT at some point i will want to use IC & headset....and I shudder at the thought of having to BUY 1.......I found a thread on this subject and done everything I could... oh well maybe I will win a lottery lol

I would check the connections under the fairing and make sure that nothing is corroded. If you find some corrosion a cleanup is in order and thats probably all she needs. If you put dilithium grease around the connectiors ( not on the pins) before reassembly it will help them not have this again.

The audio system on my 2009 RSV has been the only thing that has been problematic. It would go to "CB" and stay there. It would go to maximum volume and stay there. It would not turn off no matter what I did until the key was turned off. It would go to "FM" at maximum volume, with "CB" cutting in when a signal was received and the volume could not be lowered. All I could do was put up with it till I turned it off at the ignition.

Those things were random, not all the time. I took it back to the dealer about 3-4 times and of course they could never duplicate the problem. I finally was able to get it to them when it happened so they could check it. They said they found bad connections. It worked for about two weeks and started up again. More trips to the dealer, finally they replaced the control head. It worked great for about a month and the problems returned. They said they found more bad connections. Yamaha must have a "bad connection" installation point on the assembly line! :bang head:

Bottom line....when the bike was triked, the installer found a mass of corroded connections when he was doing the CB/trunk move. He cleaned and resoldered them and (knock on wood), it's been trouble free ever since.