IGNORED

Ever wonder about your neighbors?

Snaggletooth

Who would of thunk?

The other day the LEO's and Humane Society folks removed snakes from an Omaha family home. Not pets by my standards but poisonous ones. So far they have over 30 of them including 18 rattesnakes, 6 cobras, a few vipers and even a mamba. They are still working on identifying several others that they have no idea of what they are.

They found tanks all over the house and even in the childrens rooms.

So the snakes got removed and he got cited by the Humane Socitety for no permit for non-domestic animals. But the LEO's are looking at him has he has previous charges for terroristic threats and gun violations.

Ya gotta wonder about folks sometimes.

Guess who ain't a big fan of snakes?

Mike

Guest scarylarry

I would guess you are not a fan?

Meet Snakey pretty cool pet, but a poisonous snake is over the line for me..

As Richard Pryor oncw stated, "Snakes make you run into trees!!" Not a huge fan but the step daughter has 2 corn snakes as pets. Whatever!! I don't think I would try to pet a poisonous one! The fact that there was snakes kept in the children's room is child endangerment alone! Maybe in the interrogration room a few of those snakes should be allowed to accidently escape in the room with him...

I would guess you are not a fan?

I guess that is a harsh statement. As long as I can see them coming and a good chance I will surive the encounter, I have no issue with the critters. I've even handled a few.

Now I have been to two Rattlesnake Rodeos and encountered the favorite man food there, snake-on-a-stick. Tastey enough, but won't be grilling any for friends and family soon.

Now those old boys walking the snake pit picking up the rattlers that you chose to roast up, I got concerns for them. Odd folks I tell ya.

Worst encounter ever was hitting a 5 ft, Bull snake on the highway with a motorcycle. Hit it and the dang thing flipped up and caught on the foot pegs.

First thought: SNAKE!!!

Second thought: GET OFF THE BIKE!!!

Third thought was: Slow down first.

Fortunately I'm not a compulsive person. I made to the 3rd thought successfully.

But I'm not going to say I like snakes.

Mike

Guest scarylarry

I don't think it is legal to own a poisonous snake, then again I'm not real sure since I will never own one...

They are different type of pet and mine is strange in one way I can turn the internet on any page you pick he just laids there, when I flip on facebook he is all up in the screen...I don't have a clue as to why..

Now when people come over I never get him out unless asked and then I warn them if you are scared he doesn't need to be around them...

Does keep my yakking sister away and when them "I can't read signs" in the yard people come up to the door and you answer it with it around wrap around your neck asking did you see his brother coming up the sidewalk?

He got a lose "sigh damn snake" they leave fast some real fast so fast that it looks like a streak down the drive...

I do have to sign a release form when I buy mice for him, stating I will not mistreat it or anything...

I like snakes better than most of my neighbors. The one across the street was a coach at a catholic grade school years ago. Last Dec, 15 men came forward accusing him of molestation 20 years ago. No charges, no arrest, just a lot of suspicion.

I used to have several Boas and a Python.

Went from that to Iguanas. My big Iguana was 5 feet long and weighed around 13 lbs.

He used to stand on my shoulders with his back feet and place his fronts on top of my head. I had a harness for him so that I could take him for walks. Some people thought it was cool, some were indifferent, and some went screaming into the night.

I'm with Snaggletooth here. My son has python of some sort and I've handle it but realy prefer them to be left alone. Personally I don't think anyone except certified game keepers should be allowed to own a poisious snake. Same goes for lions, tigers, bears, wolves, or any other poential man killers.

Just my :2cents: here.

Larry

I'm with Snaggletooth here. My son has python of some sort and I've handle it but realy prefer them to be left alone. Personally I don't think anyone except certified game keepers should be allowed to own a poisious snake. Same goes for lions, tigers, bears, wolves, or any other poential man killers.

Just my :2cents: here.

Larry

I am with you Larry........... I have to get off this thread or I will be having bad dreams of Snaggletooth (Mike) on his bike and a snake wrapped around his neck choking him to death. This is one reason why I carry a pistol, the critters of this kind and the other low life critters with two legs.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2: :think: :usa:

Mine dont harbor pets or exotic animals........I have had to call code enforcement on a couple of mine........one didnt want to pay a garbage collection service and threw their garbage bags in the back yard in the woods.........was atrracting wild animals we dont care for around here, they handled that, fined the renter and the owner, owner evicted then sold the house, now very nice people there, neighbor across the street running a business out of his residence, another renter, has a gigantic roll off dumpster in his front yard, there were two, down to one, replaced the other with an a-frame storage building in the front yard, he cleans out foreclosed homes and brings all that junk home keeps what he sells in the building and the rest goes in the dumpster, has junk all over the yard............doesnt help an already low home valuation when you got that as an eye sore in the neighborhood..............they were given one week to clean it up or get cited every day they dont, guess what, 5 days gone by and no change..........wish I was home when they come by to check on him.................sounds like some of Yammers neighbors have moved into the neighborhood:bang head::bang head::bang head:

My inbred red neck hillbilly neighbors were given a free house by the government because they virtually destroyed the last one they had. The one condition was they remove their old house. Instead of knocking it down and hauling it away they just bulldozed it into a pile of vinyl siding asphault shingles and fiberglass insulation, then set fire to it. When I came home they were roasting hot dogs over those toxic flames. occasionally throwing on another batt of insulation for seasoning. Wouldn't have been so bad but the neighbors on the other side of me went over to join them at the weenie roast.

Al

:confused24: