IGNORED

More questions about VR

calperin

Ok,

More questions about 2 Gen Venture:

1st: The tool kit should be so good that Mike decide to keep it. So can somebody tell me what tool are inicluded on it. So I can purchase each one and have them on the bike?

2nd: I 'm looking for Chrome clamp covers to put on the HD pipes I have to hide the clamps on it. Where can I got them?

Thanks for any info on this.

:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

Ok,

More questions about 2 Gen Venture:

1st: The tool kit should be so good that Mike decide to keep it. So can somebody tell me what tool are inicluded on it. So I can purchase each one and have them on the bike?

2nd: I 'm looking for Chrome clamp covers to put on the HD pipes I have to hide the clamps on it. Where can I got them?

Thanks for any info on this.

:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

I bought 2 chrome clamps at the Harley dealer for $15.As for the tools I don't know because I never used them.

I have my 2nd Gen tool kit but put together a bag of "real" tools that I always carry in addition to the ones that came with the bike.

For the OEM tool kit... I can give you a list tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

Get yourself a set of metric ball end allen wrenches, couple of phillips screw drivers and a small 1/4 in. drive metric socket set. Oh and a few metric open end wrenches sizes from 6mm to 15mm. check out sears, I found a compact tool kit with most of these tools in a zip up soft carrying case for around $39.00. I added the allen wrench set and a couple extra wrenches.

You can do a Google search on motorcycle tool kits and there are several lists available.

The difference between the lists is basically how far you plan on riding...(long distance trip v/s short trips around town), and most of all.... how much trust you have in your bike..

I carry very few tools when riding around town ( a small tool bag on the bike), but always carry a large tool bag inmy Bushtec trailer when going on long trips. I also carry a rubber mat to lay on in case I need it.

So do I carry these tools for my own confidence..or lack of trust in my bike... or is it to help others out who may have less faith in thier bike...I'm not sure yet...ha