IGNORED

still not running right

kwisor

hello all

as many may know i have had a bad running porblem with rt rear cycl i have ceaned jets changed coil took to two different shop last one dealer thay adj valves and tryed to sync

carbs it is running better but still at 50 mph breaks down and will not run smooth dealer wanted to start changing parts hoping that it would fix it instead of trying to dignos it so i orded a set of carbs from pinwall today and hope that it will take care of problem the dealer said that with the bike being 12 rears old with 67000 mile it will never run right again i told him it did not mater how many mile or how old. it ran great before the problem started and should run right again if fixed correctly i guess ther are no mach only part changers

bumble bee

1999 rsv

I am sorry to hear that you are having those problems - the dealer you referenced in your post is not only incompetent, but an absolute fool to boot!

The types of problems you mention are generally fairly easy to diagnose and fix for anyone with the appropriate knowledge and skills (and proper tools, of course). But they can be a real bugger for the average joe, and remote diagnostics can be a hair-pulling experience for both parties. I hope you can find a competent person locally to help you fix it...

Goose

i orded a set of carbs from pinwall today and hope that it will take care of problem

1999 rsv

do you mind telling me what you paid for the carbs from pinwall i will be getting a set for mine soon and was woundering what kind of prices i would be looking at and hope that does fix your problem keep us posted

Take the air cleaners apart and see if there is anything in or around the pods as well.

Make sure you have clean air filters,

There could be something in there obstructing air flow, Don't ask me why ! :whistling:

Also, let me know if or when you decide sell the old carbs.

Good Luck

Jeff

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your bike and I might add I'm not a big fan and just buying parts and replacing things without knowing if they are bad or not.

I'm going to also give you another observation, 2 or 3 years ago when I met you in Asheville and you were having troubles with your bike I didn't think it was really running right after the work was done on it at the meet. After the Carb sync you got it didn't seem to me like the bike was idling like it should but it was better than when you came there. Also it seemed like the guys had a hard time syncing the Carbs.

I don't know what all this means but like I said it is just an observation.

Good luck with the bike,

BOO

Kevin,bring your bike to the asheville event in August.I'm sure there will be several members there that might be able to find and solve your problems.have your brothers to come up also and we can go on another ride together.

Take the air cleaners apart and see if there is anything in or around the pods as well.

Make sure you have clean air filters,

There could be something in there obstructing air flow, Don't ask me why ! :whistling:

Also, let me know if or when you decide sell the old carbs.

Good Luck

Jeff

Jeff!!

I'm the parts collector around here!!:whistling:

Check the air cleaners and the plumbing. If you have any flow restrictions she will not run right in the higher gears. You'll notice it in second at mid to high rpm. It seems to bog down and you can't seem to find it. Even if one side has a small blockage it will affect the way it runs a lot.

Its a long shot, but sounds like every thing else has been done, so I will throw it out there for consideration.

Has there been any work done to the heads or valves where maybe a cam chain is off by 1 link? (out of valve timing)

Could also be a problem with a cam chain adjuster or guide allowing slack in a cam chain.

It may be time to pull valve covers and timing inspection cap, and just verify the cams line up at crank TDC, especially the rear cam with problems of cyl #4.

just had valves adj i cked the compression it had 140 in all but rt rear it was 130 i do not know now that valves have been adj jeff if all works out i will be at the ashville meet in aug i am off the 8 th and 9th i will let rick know and cliff sold his goldwing no longer riding could the intake manifolds need replaced?

bumble bee

1999 rsv