IGNORED

Insurance Claim for Accessories with no receipts

GolfVenture

How would you go about getting some allowances for an insurance claim with no receipts. However I do have very recent pictures of the accessories on the Venture.

These are accessories that I bought from Craigs list or was transfered from my other Venture.

For examples

Lighted Chrome Rotor Covers

Chrome Caliper Covers

Markland Heel/Toe Shifter & Floorboards

Markland Highway Floorboards

Chrome Air Vents

Rear Cylinder Chrome Highly Polished Side Covers

Thanks for you help.

I don't know what insurance company you are with or if you deal with an agent but a few years ago one of my insureds had a claim and didn't have receipts. The claims rep was a female that didn't know anything about motorcycles so she was not going to pay for accessories without receipts. As the agent I called her and reasoned with her. I told her she could see the windshield was an aftermarked xlarge shield and told her what the general cost was. I then pointed out that the seat was a mustang seat and told her the cost of the seat. I then told her the cost of the aftermark pipes, and the extra chrome. The claims rep said she just needed something to put in the file in case her supervisor looked at the file and asked her to justify the claim payment. I then told her we could make a list with the description of each accessory and the cost. When I sent that to her she paid the claim. If you deal with an agent ask the agent to intervene for you. As an agent I have hundreds of customers with the company and can move all of them to another company so the company wants to keep me happy. If you are dealing with an 800 number or web site, good luck, you're on your own.

I had to do similiar for the insurance company after I was hit.

Just went through catalogs and web sites, then listed the vendor and their retail price along with name, # and descriptions of parts. They then have something to check if they wish. Didn't catch any flack.

In the past, I just listed each item and had a replacement cost from an ad, or catalog etc. They can see that they are on the bike, you just need to show replacement costs. Play tough ! They will nickle and dime you to death.

After I t-boned a car that ran a stop sign, the insurance company for the driver of the car fought me over the last $87.00. I went to an attorney and said here's their offer, I will split 50/50 with anything you get over that offer.

We both got $1,500.00 each from just one letter from the attorney. That $87.00 dollars cost them an extra $2,913.00. :cool10:

Hey...by the way Brian...how are you feeling ?

Brian

I hope things are going well for you and you are healing ok. Check with your insurance agent. He/she should be able to steer you in the right direction. In your case they will probably just pay you the full amount allowed by your policy. If needed pictures will be a plus.

Mike

Doing well. My daughter an RN is continually amazed of my recovery progress. She said that for my age and the injury received that I'm doing extremely well. Kinda of like when I had my 4 way by pass surgury in May of 2010 then in 4 1/2 months later I flew down to Vacaville and rode my 89 VR home 800 miles.

This Friday will be the first to see how my left hand/wrist surgury of 18 days ago. Hoping for a good evaluation.

I've been off of pain meds for several days and taking 2 Advil jell tabs ever 6 hours.

Amost done putting my riding gear and m/c accessory list together.

Thanks Everyone.