IGNORED

unsatisfied with venture sound system volume with headset?

I have used a GL1500 sound system and J&M. in both instances the systems had plenty of volume to provide adequate sound in the helmet even with ear plugs.

I use my helmet and headset I used with the GOldWing.

with the Venture I often can barely hear. I'm wondering if this is typical for the Venture or maybe I have some other problem. I tried a small amp between the ipod and Venture but got too much distortion.

suggestions anyone?

Have you tried the radio or CB? If so, is there any difference between that and the iPod?

I know my MP3 player needs a little amp to increase the signal enough to get any volume out of the system. I use a Boostaroo and it doesn't distort the signal at all.

I don't think the RSV has a mute, but something you might want to check is your Fade and see if the audio isn't all faded to the back speakers.

I'm also assuming that you're system is set on AUX when you're using your iPod.

Fader doesn't work with the headsets, just the onboard speakers. Did you turn your ipod to max? Some mp3 players need to be on max and then adjust the sound level with the main volume control on the handlebar.

I usualy run my GPS thru the aux port and it seems to be OK. However a week or so ago I had to go to Daytona about 145 miles and since I just got back off a long trip I had just about enough of the MP3 stuff I had on the GPS. So my answer? I pluged the phone in and logged into Pandora. I had to crank the output on the phone up and then it got sort of distorted/tinny sounding. I plugged it into the boostaroo and it actually gives it a bit more bottom end and clears things up. Was a good alternative to my MP3 selections. Besides when your going down the road with rain gear on and your smiling and singing it makes people wonder what they are missing. :cool10:

Fader doesn't work with the headsets, just the onboard speakers. Did you turn your ipod to max? Some mp3 players need to be on max and then adjust the sound level with the main volume control on the handlebar.

Yeah, mine works like that. I have to really crank up the sound on the MP3 then the volume is OK.

Andy

i use a garmin 760 gps on my 99 rsv it has an fm transmitter and plays mp3 so i just set the wireless to the desired frequency the only wire needed is to power it up from the lighter socket and it also answer the phone and if friends are with 30 foot radius they can tune theirs in also .:backinmyday:

K9cottage: the only issue I had with using the FM transmitter way of running the music was as you travel down the highway the band usage changes from area to area. So if your using 88.0 now in ten minutes maybe that channel is used by a local station and you have to retune your stuff.

We run the same as this Edset with in-ear canal buds, (Shure) and cuts out road noise, and significant volume. Need to remember the road/cars around you as the in-ears cut all that "other" noise out. We only do this on longer trips. Otherwise, our Zumo 665 and satelite radio in the helmet speaker run at around 20-24 level depending on outside noise.

i have a edset and use bose ear phones best this i ever did and still can use the intercom and cb

bumble bee