IGNORED

32mm Carb upgrade finally done!

Ok,after following Pegscrapers article on doing the 32 mm Carb upgrade on my 98 RSTD,I must say the Royal Star has never run better.The thing pulls at all RPM's better than it did and just generally feels waaay better! I'm a shade tree mechanic at best and I was able (with Lynn's help) to get it done.Even though I did the Bigfoot mod at the same time as the carb upgrade,I ended up closing off the cutout in my airbox as it was sucking too much air.(Full throttle hollow bog sound,ran lean,didn't pull well at higher RPM.)I closed the opening and it made a huge difference. I decided not to Jet up the mains yet but I did jet up the primaries to a 17.5.I may try to jet up one step just to see.It feels pretty good now,I've put maybe 300 miles on since with more to come...I have RK pipes with the center poked out about an inch.Sounds good enough but I'd like more volume.

Oh and I sent my seat to Rick Butler while I was down too and all I can say is before anyone buys a new seat,try this first. It feels great.I've only done a couple of 150 mile days so far and I've feel like I can do some serious miles without the old hot spots in the butt that I used to feel...So,thanks to Lynn Nichols and Rick Butler and all the great tech on this site,I will be enjoying my Royal Star even more now!!