IGNORED

AUX Socket Issue

Panjandrum

I love listening to my tunes on my Android phone plugged into the Aux socket. When the right channel went dead, I checked all the connections and the head phones. Tried the radio... STEREO! Checked the plug and lead. DAMMIT! The end piece of the plug had broken off. Found it! Inside the socket on the bike.

Any suggestions on how to get that little sucker out of there?

(2008 Venture.)

Which plug friend? The power socket or the aux socket next to the cassete slot? I know Radio shack has the plugs and the backing part threads on but I dont really know what the aux plug looks like or how its mouted to the face plate. Other option is to put a aux in splitter under the fairing and run you another plug.

Well, you can do what most do and split the fairing and add a "Y" to the jack then you won't have to use the plug by the cassette deck and you can run the wire up along the handle bars. his way you don't have to have the door open on the deck to listen to the MP3 player or XM/Sirius.

Which plug friend? The power socket or the aux socket next to the cassete slot? I know Radio shack has the plugs and the backing part threads on but I dont really know what the aux plug looks like or how its mouted to the face plate. Other option is to put a aux in splitter under the fairing and run you another plug.

The socket is the aux socket next to the cassette. The plug is the jack from the phone. It is the first (front end) section of the jack that came off. No idea how.

The suggestion to fit another socket sounds relatively easy. Thanks!

that shouldn't be stuck, it is probably being held in by the contact, I would bet you could fish it out as this is a common problem. Take a round toothpick, cut the end square about 1/3 to 1/2 the taper, slide it in and twist as you push , once in put pressure to one side as you pull back..

other option is a small easy out, you would have to use the other end as a gauge.

OK heres a couple options depending on your wireing and soldering skills. Repair the end with something like this, or one of these. I have no idea if there is enough room to fit them as I havent tore mine apart there yet. Or use the "Y" cable. This one happens to be 4" but they do make a longer one.

I was thinking of putting in a stereo jack so I could use ear buds with my shorty helmet, but they do make an adapter for that too.