IGNORED

Custom Dynamics LED Passing lights

I bought a pair of the Custom Dynamics 162 LED Passing light replacement Bulbs while I was home on R&R. I tried to install them with no luck. My issue with them is that they will not stay in the housings. I have the H-3 bulbs in them and not the actual par 36 lamp. Custom Dynamics says they will fit both housings.

Has anyone had a problem installing these replacement lights? I did not have time to call CD for technical support. A friend of mine is going to attempt to install them for me.

Any guidance or assistance will be appreciated.

Gunner

I have the Custom Dynamic Sun Spots (162) on my 2001 RSV and did not have any issues when installed. Although, I will say they were a little tricky and you will have to utilize a little patience, they will work. You are absolutely correct to think they won't work because they do not fit into the housing like the OEM, but here's the trick: You need 2 people, one holds the bulb and metal ring (partially tightened) while the other has the screw driver ready to tighten. I know this sounds quite remedial, but it worked for me. I'm attaching pics so that you can see they worked for me. I changed my entire bike to all Custom Dynamic LED lighting. If I can be of any further assistance please please call me because it's easier to talk than type.

John

I am sure they will work also. I have helped install them before. I know Dave the owner of custom dynamics very well. He is a great guy and def runs a top notch company. I have been dealing with them since he start the company out of his attic at his house.

Matter a fact they are building a new facility (bigger) out in youngsville nc.

If you have problems def call the service line they will def try their hardest to help.

Ride Safe.

I agree with Robert. Dave and his staff are great and their customer service is superb. I had an issue with a load equalizer and his Tech Dave called and we were able to troubleshoot and correct the problem within 1 day.

John

I have the Custom Dynamic Sun Spots (162) on my 2001 RSV and did not have any issues when installed. Although, I will say they were a little tricky and you will have to utilize a little patience, they will work. You are absolutely correct to think they won't work because they do not fit into the housing like the OEM, but here's the trick: You need 2 people, one holds the bulb and metal ring (partially tightened) while the other has the screw driver ready to tighten. I know this sounds quite remedial, but it worked for me. I'm attaching pics so that you can see they worked for me. I changed my entire bike to all Custom Dynamic LED lighting. If I can be of any further assistance please please call me because it's easier to talk than type.

John

A friend of mine is going to try to install them for me while I am over seas. Would it be OK for him to call you if he needed to?Could you Please send me your phone number and a good time to call? also, at Idle were these lights dim then as you increase the RPM's they brighten? That is what the one I wired up did.

Thanks for your assistance

Gunner

Guns, I don't remember which one of the LED setups I used. I have changed over to their LEDs on an 05 and 07 RSV. I did have to trim the boards a wee bit to get them to fit the buckets correctly. That was the only hitch I ran across. I agree that their customer service is excellent, and I love the way the LEDs brighten up both ends of the bike.

Forgot to add that I did the trim using my dremel with a grinding wheel and trimmed all around the edges. Took it slow and it fits very well now.