IGNORED

Windshield Triple Pocket bag

Gilligan

Oh, hey, that was my old thread.

Yeah, I bought the one suggested by VR members.

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....uctID=HDCH-990

It is great in the shape and size. Holds my sunglasses center, camera on right, bike papers on left.

It's from JP Cycles, called the Harley Bag.

Say's leather,,, that is the only problem. Sure looks like they killed a small naguhide to me. It's a great bag but if that's true leather,,, not sure what they killed for it. Maybe a free roaming sofa.

(but I would probably buy it again if I was looking)

Mike G in SC

Edited by Mike G in SC

How hard was it to install, or better yet how did you install it?

Gilligan

Minutes!

Took out the two screws holding the chrome trim. Loosened the others then just slid it between the glass and the inside of the fairing. It will slide in there. Then just put it back together and tighten it back down.

No need to put screws through it. It ain't going anywhere..

The center bag is kind of soft and tends to hide the speedo. Just push it back if it droops.

Of course, carefull not to break the tabs on the trim.

Mike G

Edited by Mike G in SC

Oh, hey, that was my old thread.

Yeah, I bought the one suggested by VR members.

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....uctID=HDCH-990

It is great in the shape and size. Holds my sunglasses center, camera on right, bike papers on left.

It's from JP Cycles, called the Harley Bag.

Say's leather,,, that is the only problem. Sure looks like they killed a small naguhide to me. It's a great bag but if that's true leather,,, not sure what they killed for it.

(but I would probably buy it again if I was looking)

Mike G in SC

This link must not be working anymore on their site. There are several windshield bags listed on the JP cycles site....can you let us know exactly which one fit your RSV? I've not ever found one that has a long enough mounting backing to reach down into the fairing with the bags resting on the dash. The backing on every one I've ever seen is too short for the RSV. I've love to get one that actually fits.

Thanks!

This link must not be working anymore on their site. There are several windshield bags listed on the JP cycles site....can you let us know exactly which one fit your RSV? I've not ever found one that has a long enough mounting backing to reach down into the fairing with the bags resting on the dash. The backing on every one I've ever seen is too short for the RSV. I've love to get one that actually fits.

Thanks!

Bobby G.

Try this one, it just worked for me:

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?PF=6&ProductID=HDCH-990

And, this is the one I bought. Again, it's great,,, but the leather is thin and perhaps simulated. They say leather but (?). But it does just fine.

Oh, and it has a deep rounded bottom sleeve to slip in behind the windshield. Again, you don't need to push it in as far as the screws, just enough to wedge it when you thghten them back up.

Let me know if you want some pictures of it mounted.

Mike G in SC (used to be Beaufort SC,,, you heard of that Marine?)

Bobby G.

Try this one, it just worked for me:

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?PF=6&ProductID=HDCH-990

And, this is the one I bought. Again, it's great,,, but the leather is thin and perhaps simulated. They say leather but (?). But it does just fine.

Oh, and it has a deep rounded bottom sleeve to slip in behind the windshield. Again, you don't need to push it in as far as the screws, just enough to wedge it when you thghten them back up.

Let me know if you want some pictures of it mounted.

Mike G in SC (used to be Beaufort SC,,, you heard of that Marine?)

Mike, some pics of the front and back view when installed would be great.

Thanks!

I want one, went to JC whitney on the way home from the last M&E and looked at their bags, I don't know how many nauga's they had to kill to make it but they were mangy lookin. I have seen nice bags and I guess you get what you pay for, I do know from looking at them the back piece needs to be stiff. Let us know what you do and pictures please.