IGNORED

4 way flashers for 07 RSTD

I posted this before and got a reply. but, the thread was deleted into cyber space. I want to hook up 4 way flashers on my 07 RSTD. I know it can be done. I don't know the part number of the flasher I need to buy. If the kind person that replyed before would reply again I'd appreciate it. I promise that I'll print it out this time. guns_usn_20

Guest tx2sturgis

Since the built-in 4-way hazard flashers only work when the ignition is on, what we really need is a mod, to make them work when on ACC position on the key.

I dont really want to add an external flasher to get the job done....

............ purchase an automotive 3 prong HD13, 12 volt flasher from your local auto parts store. With a few feet of wire, a handful of electrical connectors and a toggle switch of your choice, any bike can have an operating 4 way emergency flasher. You can mount the flasher anywhere you like and you will also need a source of constant 12 volts with the ignition off. Protect this circuit with a 10 amp inline fuse that leads to the switch.

Looking at the end of the 3 prong flasher, the prong at the 9 o'clock position is your connection for constant voltage. The prong at the top, or 12 o'clock position, is your connection to the right side signal wiring. The prong at the 3 o'clock position is your connection to the left side signal wiring.

You will need a probe tester to locate circuits and must have a little knowledge to be able to source out the left and right signal wiring.

ken.jo@shaw.ca

• 2 weeks later...

I did that mod the first year I got the bike. I mounted everything in the space around the battery, tapped into the turn signal wires near the frame on the gear shift side of the bike and drilled through the plastic support on the back side and mounted the toggle switch so that all I have to do is reach behind the seat and flip the switch. I think the switch you need is a dpst, double pole single throw. One suggestion, mount the switch on whichever side is opposite to your dominant hand since you may be moving when you need to activate it and you would want to maintain control. Actually got the info from the roadstar rider forum on Delphi and I think there was also diagrams.

• 1 month later...

Here is another question on the same topic.

When wiring the flashers, Is it possiable to wire to the wires running to the rear turn signals instead of using the front turn signals? I thought of this because the power source is in the back of the bike. I am using the plug in rear of my rstd that is hot in the ACC position and hot in the on position.