IGNORED

Need a job? Retiring? Relocate Western Nebraska?

Phoneman1981

Hello Everyone: Thought I might ask. Are their any members that need a job or are retiring and might consider relocating to Western Nebraska? I feel we could help in the search for a job. Some jobs start at $14/hr. My parents property is for sale or rent? (3) homes on 8 acres. Main home is 3 bedroom, 2 bath with central air. 22X60 block garage. Two mobile home rentals. Live in one rent the others to make the payment. 3 hours away from the Black Hills or Colorado mountains. Small town, 2500 population, Good schools, friendly people, clean air and no traffic. Arid climate, temps cool off at night.

Guest tx2sturgis
Hello: I am glad you think so. But yes it does get cold in the winter. 6 month riding season is normal.:)

A few years ago I was in Liberal Kansas. I was in the store buying a few items and picked up a motorcycle rag, Rider, or something like it. As the cashier scanned the items he commented on the magazine: "Well bikes are nice but you can only ride them 3 months a year"

Huh?

I told him maybe in 'oz land' yall do that, but where I live we ride 12 months a year.

Ok...11....but whos counting.

:happy34:

Checked the want ads.

Openings for dog sled operators

Ice fisherman

Medics ( with experience treating frost bite)

Snow plow operators

Igloo builders

Ice Road Truckers

Ski Lift operators ( must supply own mountain)

:rotf:

Hey, why only 6 months of the year, I know I rode in November and latter part of February, kind of cold, but as long as the snow was in the ditch and off the roads, I road. Man, if they had my kind of job there it would be tempting.

Hmmmm, maybe I can put two trailers in my yard and do the same thing?? No, wait, theyre dog houses....:smile5:

Sounds like a good offer but not for someone with advanced arthritis. Looks like im stuck living in the "retirement" state.....

Being originally form Nebraska (Omaha) the west part of the state is beautiful. I hunted the state and Colorado and Wyoming as a youger person. I now live in NC and don't think my 66 year old body wants any of the cold, snow, blizzard and ice I remember as a younger person.

:farmer:

Hello Everyone: Thought I might ask. Are their any members that need a job or are retiring and might consider relocating to Western Nebraska? I feel we could help in the search for a job. Some jobs start at $14/hr. My parents property is for sale or rent? (3) homes on 8 acres. Main home is 3 bedroom, 2 bath with central air. 22X60 block garage. Two mobile home rentals. Live in one rent the others to make the payment. 3 hours away from the Black Hills or Colorado mountains. Small town, 2500 population, Good schools, friendly people, clean air and no traffic. Arid climate, temps cool off at night.

Don't forget the Nebraska National Forest.

Phoneman,looks like a tough crowd :shock3:here those who think its cold should be here now living just a hour south east of there I'm tired of 100 plus days and am looking for a little snow to plow this road maintenance is hot work and at least your state is doing better keeping the roads in repair then Colorado is. Anyways Good Luck getting the place sold:fingers-crossed-emo.

Hello Everyone:

Sleeper Hawk: As you know some years are better than others, this past year I rode some even during the winter when the roads were clear. But on average I bet it is 6-8 months at best.

Ruffy and Slyvester: Yes, I too do not like the winters as much as I used too.

Oz: Yes the northern part of the state is beautiful

Midnight Rider: You certainly could stay here in the summer and go back south in the winter. I might even go with you.

Grayghost: I understand. I visited friends in Pensicola in Jan. of 2011 and damn near froze to death!!! I will take a dry cold over the moist cold!!!

Roger: I too am tired of the early 100 degree days this year. Sure has been nice the past two days. Look forward to seeing you at the auction!