IGNORED

Thank You to the trailblazers

Miles

I want to send out a big Thank You to all the folks on this list that have done work on their bikes before me, and have posted the mechanical and technical highlights and info, so that people that follow in their footsteps have an easier time of doing the same thing.

For all of you that post info on this forum about improvements, additions, etc., and especially if you include pictures...Thank you. You know who you are, and "I" appreciate it.

Today I received in the mail my new Speedhealer from HealTech, and my new Morgan Carbtune Pro, from Calif. Sportbike. Due to the info from trailblazers on this forum, I was able to pre-read all the details prior to my receiving the packages, and was very ready once the items did show up.

Now, the speedo on the RSMTD reads accurately, and the carbs are nicely balanced.

While the carbs were not too far out, it is nice to KNOW that they are now balanced, and that the engine does in fact run smoother. As a gearhead myself, I want to KNOW the facts of my engine...not just assume.

Now, to all you VR and RSTD owners within the PNW, if anyone wants me to ride over to your place and adjust your carbs...for FREE...just let me know. If you want to, you are welcome to ride over to my place...but I am always looking for a reason to go ride somewhere. I will bring all the tools needed, so I will be happy to do the balancing, and show you how it is done. Remember...it is FREE.

Thanks,

RandyR, I wish I had planned to ride to the International in Western NY before this, as my wife (a rider herself) will be flying out to that same area for 3 weeks vacation, during the same time as the International. Had we planned it out in advance, we would have both ridden out together. At this late date, one of us has to stay home while the other is off playing, because we have a ranch of Llamas, Alpacas, miniature goats, etc. With enough advance notice, we could have found an animal sitter.

I don't mind riding to NY, as we have done it in the past to ride to lake George for Americade, and to WV for the National WOW rally.

But Dixie...hey...that is below the 42nd parallel, and I cannot be riding down that far south. This fair skinned/red headed rider does not like the heat and humidity of the southeastern states. Been there...hated that. Been there too many darned times. Only time I will go back to the far southeast is in Winter, when temps drop below 75.

As a fun get-together, we should all have at least one rider in each region that can host carb-tuning days, sorta like a ride-in rodeo. Maybe I have been on the ranch too long, eh?

Miles:whistling:

Hey, it's not so bad for us redheads here in the deep south, you learn, sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen lol. And I know to the north of me (I live in Central GA) winter has been rather warm the last few years, 70's and 80's much of the time.

I'll speak only for myself, but I know my words will fit for many here. I have always jumped right in and fixed issues as they arose. Pretty much all my experience on these bikes, both 1st and 2nd gens have been because I broke it and it needed to be fixed. Fortunately, I have pretty good mechanical skills as I have been making a living at it for 30 years.

This is an awesome site as many folks are very open to helping others overcome issues. I know guys that came to this site and didn't hardly have any mechanical skills. I have watched them blossom into quite capable mechanics on these machines, and do fairly major repairs or changeovers. It's amazing what a little support and some self confidence boosting can do to someone. It's a very cool place and you will not find another place like this on the web :thumbsup2: