IGNORED

Beautiful Colorado ride this week

Jetfixer03

On vacation with the G/F in Colorado and I've been getting some great riding in on my 'new' '03 RSV. We did an overnight from Conifer out west to Glenwood Springs. Awesome ride, but the last 20 miles or so through the canyons is breathtaking. Anywhere west of Denver is just ripe with great rides out here, you just about can't go wrong. I'm planning on riding Independence Pass next month, weather permitting.

Short update on the RSV...I've only had her a few months and usually just ride her 4 days a month when I'm out here in CO. I got to know her better this week and liking it more every time out. I switched to Synthetic in the motor and the rear end last month and there was an improvement in the whine. It's still there, but between reducing it some, getting used to it some, and learning to manage it, it's not the annoyance that it was at first. I also did the exhaust mod where you dremel the pipe and push it over to make the exhaust flow through...happy with it. A couple other quick observations on the RSV...I feel it's the best bike in high winds that I've ever had. Short of a typhoon, wind is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. I also felt it did really well in the rain. I got caught with a shorty helmet on and was able to maintain some decent visibility.

Ride on!