IGNORED

If cb is removed

don't use cb,haven't even got antenna on bike, if I remove cb unit from the bike and stash it away, will all of the other audio stuff still work? Just wondering before I go to the trouble.(unless someone has an old cb antenna laying around the want to part with kinda cheap) 2nd gen........

It will work just fine, make sure you weatherproof the connectors real well. You can add an aftermarket antenna and I am sure someone who has done so problaly has an OEM laying around. If you want to get rid of the CB unit let me know I have someone that may need one if you decide to go that route.

It will work just fine, make sure you weatherproof the connectors real well. You can add an aftermarket antenna and I am sure someone who has done so problaly has an OEM laying around. If you want to get rid of the CB unit let me know I have someone that may need one if you decide to go that route.

Thanks Joe, rather just get an OEM and stick it on there, need the antenna and cable, po cut the cable and stuck it under the trunk. But folks on ebay and Yamaha think they are made of gold. If can't find one kinda cheap gonna just take out the whole thing,probally won't use it anyway.

If they only cut the antenna cable that is an easy fix if they cut the control cable that may be a diffrent story. If you do decide you want to fix it and someone has an antenna I would be glad to walk you through it.

You could get back up with the parts below:

1 FL3B Firestik "Firefly" Antenna 17.95

1 Stud Mount - #JBC930- Oversize 14.95

1 18" 18SMMPL Pre-made Coax Cable (CB)7.95

1 203EZ - Fold Over Adapter Item: 203EZ (Optional) 12.95

Thanks Joe, rather just get an OEM and stick it on there, need the antenna and cable, po cut the cable and stuck it under the trunk. But folks on ebay and Yamaha think they are made of gold. If can't find one kinda cheap gonna just take out the whole thing,probally won't use it anyway.

Cable are really cheap. Needs to be adjusted to minimize the VWSR that is all.

If Ebay & Yamaha think the Antennas are like gold, how long before some low life figures out how easy they come off?

We do a lot of out of town trips and almost always stay at Hotels. I always worry about someone messing with my bike, even though I cover it. Now here is another thing to worry about.

craigr

Wow. If you don't want your cb. How much $? We use the cb a lot for communication between bikes. It never hurts to have a spare. It is so much better than hand signals. especially when you are the bike at the back of the pack trying to convey a message.

Mike

Wow. If you don't want your cb. How much $? We use the cb a lot for communication between bikes. It never hurts to have a spare. It is so much better than hand signals. especially when you are the bike at the back of the pack trying to convey a message.

Mike

probally gonna get a replacement antenna and coax cable that Gray ghost was talking about now that I think about it, or a firefly,might come in handy one day......was just a thought.