IGNORED

Bike won't run

We just returned from a vacation trip to Oregon for a week and a half. Jumped on the bike this morning, pulled the choke, and started it up. Trouble is that every time I pushed the choke button in the bike died.

I filled the tank up just before we left so the gas is fresh.

I figure that either the gas was bad from the gas station or my fuel pump is bad.

Bad luck for me! :depressed:

sounds like you picked up some crap in the idle jets. Sea foam should do it. also a vacuum leak could cause this. check your vacuum lines and those rubber plugs under the carbs. check them for cracks.

We just returned from a vacation trip to Oregon for a week and a half. Jumped on the bike this morning, pulled the choke, and started it up. Trouble is that every time I pushed the choke button in the bike died.

I filled the tank up just before we left so the gas is fresh.

I figure that either the gas was bad from the gas station or my fuel pump is bad.

Bad luck for me! :depressed:

This sounds like a bad fuel pump to me. The fuel pumps can become intermittent. Sometimes tapping on the pump will cause it to work. You can use a Mr. Gasket model 42S pump to replace the stock pump. Do a search and you should come up with numerous threads on this subject and some will have good photos. It's not a difficult job to replace the fuel pump.

:080402gudl_prv:

Glad you got it fixed. It is my thinking (I do that sometimes) that a little Sea-Foam diet will help everything in the fuel system. Sea-Foam is not a harsh additive just keeps things good and clean and things wouldn't work as hard if they were clean.