Installed some new to me mufflers yesterday and when I rev it pretty hard it will blow a flame out the right pipe. Carbs were synced at SETXMD but I had a set of RK pipes on it with the cats I'm guessing the free flowing mufflers must have changed things. Also noticed a lil popping on deceleration nothing loud like a back fire. Pipes installed were Klock Works with the baffle's installed any thoughts.

My 97 RSTD would BAM!! during a long decel in most any gear. Let's say, a run halfway to redline in third gear, then decel, then BAM!! and I'm talking gunshot loud. It did this from the very beginning. I think they all did it back then, because I recall others talking about it. My Venture does NOT do it, and I haven't heard anyone mention this for several years, until now.

I learned to feather the thing during decel if I wanted to not scare the neighbors.

Once, while riding ***** on it behind my GF, at night, she caused it to BAM!! during decel, and I noticed that a long flame spit out the pipes when it did that.

Seems to me, the most likely thing to cause that would be a buildup of flammables in the exhaust pipe which then ignite and go boom. Maybe caused by over-rich mixture? It might be helped by doing the carb float adjustment.

I Miss that "Built In " feautue on my ex Venture. I use it a lot especialy with tailgators. Sounds good under overpass or in the tunel. Man my was BUUUM, BUM more like shutgun. Didnt safer on mpg, nor have any other running problems. Its just nature of the beast.