IGNORED

Looking for a Radio Remote Control Unit

I'm in the market for purchasing a Radio Remote Control Unit for a 2nd Gen RSV. I've tried Pinwall, eBay and thought I'd try here as well. They're quite expensive new so I'm looking used first. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jakbag

look for two!! i need one also!

i will trade a set of diamond cut fins for a controle head!! ????

I traded for one thank you! Bambi took the one off my mm rsv

And she wont bring it back!

Edited by eusa1

Jakbag and eusa1 what's wrong with your radio control heads.

My audio button would work sometimes and other times it wouldn't. When I opened it up, I found that the little control switch on the circuit board had broken loose some of the solder connections (vibration I guess). It's too small to try and resolder so I took it off the circuit board. I traced the circuit connections and you can solder two jumper wires and attach to a momentary toggle switch to control the radio head. If this is your problem, let me know and I'll open mine back up and take some pictures to show how to do this. It's a whole lot cheaper than a new or used control head.

C.R.

Edited by Steel Horse Cowboy
font size

Jakbag and eusa 1

If you get replacement control heads how about sending your bad ones to me, I would like to have a look at them to see if a repair can be affected. This is not the first time the control heads have come as bad on the forum. Maybe if there is a common failure mode and a quick and easy repair can be done, some sort of swap out of repaired for bad needing repairs could be done to benifit the community.

I have not opened mine up yet, got close one day after it got soaked in frog choking down pour in West Palm Beach on night. the whole system acted goofy for a few hours , but as it dried out it got better and finally it started working again before I had decided to open it up. But that was while it was on warrenty, those days are long gone.

So think about it if you get a replacement, or if you just want me to tear into yours with no guarantee of success, I will glad to take a look at them and see what can be done.

Edited by M61A1MECH