IGNORED

Leveling link side effect

gibvel

Is it just me or is it slightly harder to pull the bike off the side stand with the leveling links installed?

Honestly, it could all be in my mind but I installed the links this weekend and it just seems to me that it's harder to pull the bike off the side stand.

Anyone have the same experience?

the links will make the bike taller in the rear, and when the bike is taller and the sidestand stays the same length......means the bike will be leaning over farther......means you have to pull farther to get it up to center.

yup, it's gunna be harder .

mike:backinmyday:

noticed if i turn the handlebars to the full right position - it's a bit easier to get off the kick-stand.

I'll give that a go. I know I tried with it full left and center and center was much easier than full left. Didn't try right though.

noticed if i turn the handlebars to the full right position - it's a bit easier to get off the kick-stand.

But ive noticed that when you do that it wants to pull the bike to the right, putting stress on the kickstand. I dont think its a huge deal, but now i always put my hip against the bike and push a bit when pulling the handlebars to the right to take some stress off the kickstand. Sometimes on my 85 ive seen the kickstand move a couple of inches on the pavement, and if ifs sunk in at all, it will increase stress and wear on the stand (I know that this in the G2 section of the forum, buti just had my bike drop because of a broken stand, I dont if this hurried the process, so this is an FYI post.

Brian