IGNORED

Suomy D20

barend

I recently bought one to replace my Scorpion full face with which I took a nose dive. Haven't made any major trips but based on some of my few short trips here's my observation:

• This is supposed to be a heavy helmet but coming from my FF Scorpion I can't tell much difference (yet)
  • The locking mechanism for the modular is metal on metal and seems easy to operate
  • it has a chin wind curtain which does not seem removable.
  • The chin bar is bigger then I am used to, though the instrument cluster still falls above the bar so I do not need to look down.
  • It has a build in sun visor.
  • The vents are great, I can actually feel air flowing over my head from the top vents (chin vent is below the windshield), as long as my face shield is not full open!
  • There is an access panel which can be removed for a bluetooth module/headset.
  • The helmet is noisier then a FF, but I read that going in. shield up it seems comparable to my old FF, but the further down the shield the more noise.

So far I have three things which I am not real happy with:

• there are only three detents in the visor: 1/4, 1/2 and full open. you can not open the shield 3/4 (it really needs one) of the way which would put the bottom of the shield above your line of sight.
  • Both the sunvisor and the shield seem to be thinner than I am used to and they vibrate when riding,
  • and with both visors down(face shield either 1/4 or 1/2) the bottom edge of each shield seems to be interfering somewhat with my view of the instrument cluster because 1. it's there and 2 due to the vibration.

I bought it at MC superstore on closeout in my size for $169. Overall I am not dissatisfied with it though I would argue that my FF fit me better.

FWIW