IGNORED

Hope all affected by the storms are OK

Freebird

Just a note to let all of our members in the areas affected by the storms are safe and sound. I know that many were hit very hard, especially those in West Virgina and surrounding areas. Please check in when you can to let us know that you are OK.

We had tornado warnings here about 5:30 PM last night. We were at a restaurant waiting on a friend & family from work. His parents were also coming. They are from Taiwan. They were late due to storm.

Very intense rain & high winds, but no damage that I have seen.

Gary

We were returning from a 2 week trip on the east coast on Saturday. They plan was for a nice short day and avoid the heat. In Virginia we discovered we were not going to be able to get gas. The first stop took over 3 hours of sitting in line or going to a different station as each one quit pumping for various reasons. The second fill up was not much better and the 3rd stop just north of Marietta Ohio took about and hour just to find one that was still pumping. We ended up riding home that night. with stops and waits we were on the bikes about 17 hours.

I guess we will just call this " just another adventure".

We were returning from a 2 week trip on the east coast on Saturday. They plan was for a nice short day and avoid the heat. In Virginia we discovered we were not going to be able to get gas. The first stop took over 3 hours of sitting in line or going to a different station as each one quit pumping for various reasons. The second fill up was not much better and the 3rd stop just north of Marietta Ohio took about and hour just to find one that was still pumping. We ended up riding home that night. with stops and waits we were on the bikes about 17 hours.

I guess we will just call this " just another adventure".

I do not understand why no gas? was it power failures or the tankers not travelling? That puzzles me but I am very happy everyone is safe so far. The weather is crazy here as well, not much sun yet lots of rain showers. I hope everyone in Nelson for Cruzin' the Kootneys is good and not too wet. Many roads up that way were washed out or mud slides when my son came through Thursday.

Be safe everyone. :rain2: from the west coast :rain2:

FrogMan and I are fine. We are on day 3 no electric. Running a generator during day for freezer refrigerator and one small ac unit. Turn it off at night to conserve gas. At beginning no power from Charleston - Clarksburg also Below Beckley north to Clarksburg Storm affected 53 county's in WV in some way. In Braxton where us and Skid lives 98% of people without power. Closest gas station that could pump was a hour away from us. The guys had to make a trip each day for gas. They finally have some gas stations open where power has been restored. When they opened long lines up to 2-3 hour wait. Some opened on generator power. So if you know a bad storm is forecast get gas. If you know a area has been hit by a storm you might want to go around. We learned we need to keep more gas in vehicles. :eek:

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

We learned that during the great east coast blackout a few years back. We now try to always come home with full tanks and at least 4- 5 Gal cans full in the garage. Don't wait for a bad storm before you go looking to buy a generator, you won't find one when you really need it !

Really a mess here. If I hadn't cut that big tree out of the yard this year it probally would have been down somewhere and the way my luck has been going I don't want to think where!! Strongest winds I can remember. Bent trees more than I thought they could. Son was coming in from Georgia. Made it about 5 miles from home when it hit. Put one big tree down about 10 ft in front of him. 17 trees to get out of road to get him that last 5 miles. And not counting little ones!! Thing is he went sightseeing and didn't stay with main road just because he hadn't been there in long time. He said "That wasn't too smart!!" Didn't know anything like that was coming. Had 18 in house that night without power. We were lucky and got power back next morning. Just got internet this morning. Thanks for those concerned. I think they wanted to know if Warden was having that Yard Sale!!!:whistling: NOT YET!!!

We have power now and only lost it for a while. Some still no power, 39,000 still nothing.

96 degrees today, 108 - 106 the past several days. Some have no water either. I thank God none of our family or neighbors where injured during the rough wind storm. Still no rain, just a lot of wind damage. I am still watering my garden to try to safe it. I feel fortunate compared to a lot of others. I am blessed..... Thank you for your concern and thread Freebird.

Fuzzy