IGNORED

Help with front fairing cracking

tomephil

Hi,

I'm on the, Ong way to the international and now have a problem ihave to deal with in regards to my front fairing windshield holes cracking. A few were cracked when I left but they seemed ok. I received a clearview windshield just before I left. I needed to retighen a few bolts 2 days ago and iused blue lock tight but the windshield started making noise again today. Whdni check ked I found other middle left inside hole badly spidered. I am on the road in Towanda Pennsylvania so I don't have a workshop to deal with this. As of now my plan is to find some aluminum screen material and a solderinggun,during iron and see if I can melt some sport into. Where the plastic is badly spidered. Does anyone have any better (workable) ideas?

I am in Reading Pa a few hrs south of you, I have a garage and lots of tools. If I can be any help let me know.

:080402gudl_prv: Craig

That would be great. I do want to see if sinking aluminum. In the plastic is the best answer.

Plastic and lock tight do not go together. Lock tight destroys the plastic body parts. I hope you can get it all fixed up and back on the road.

Earl

Thanks but is sinking aluminum screen and plastic welding the right way to go?

Goose has a good write-up on windsheld tab repair in the second gen tech section, it is under plastic and paint repair.

Earl

Actually it's not the tab replacement I am concerned with. I have to repair the actual plastic in the outer fairing