IGNORED

CB Issues

Ok, looking for a little help. 2012 RSV, everyone says they can't hear me well on the CB. They say it sounds like I'm whispering. Changed out the factory head gear and mic and replaced with J&M top of the line unit, no change. Changed out the antennas (Marshall Mod), no change. I can find no way to adjust the mic gain. Any ideas???? Don't know what to check next.

Thanks.

John

Mic gain adjustment is internal inside the cb unit. It can only be adjusted with the cb unit partially disassembled.

Try this cup your right hand over your mic and mouth while transmitting. Yes I know you will have to be on cruise control or have a throttle lock. Also try removing the wind cover off the mic and moving the mic very close to your mouth. Almost touching.

Hope this helps.

Mike

The antenna is located on the correct side. This SWR is 2.0, not great but not terrible.

Someone had suggested trying a balloon wrapped over the mic, then put the wind sock back on but that didn't help either.

I'm beginning to think Rick may be right, may have to go back to the dealer.

John

The antenna is located on the correct side. This SWR is 2.0, not great but not terrible.

Someone had suggested trying a balloon wrapped over the mic, then put the wind sock back on but that didn't help either.

I'm beginning to think Rick may be right, may have to go back to the dealer.

John

Before you go back to the dealer make sure eveything is put back to stock.

Took the bike into the dealer. They didn't even try to figure it out, they ordered a new

complete audio unit to include CB unit and "main brain unit" in the fairing. Should be here

in a few days. We'll see if that fixes it.

John

• 3 months later...
Took the bike into the dealer. They didn't even try to figure it out, they ordered a new

complete audio unit to include CB unit and "main brain unit" in the fairing. Should be here

in a few days. We'll see if that fixes it.

John

Hows it working now?

Find someone from this wonderful org that lives near you with a headset helmet and switch helmets for a few minutes.

Make sure you are about 100ft apart when you test. That should tell you if it's your headest(mic) or the radio.

Personally I wouldn't let ANY dealer near my bike to change the main computer and radio for ANY reason. You can't even begin to imagine the problems they can cause inside your fairing.