IGNORED

Pics of new ride

treecol

Thanks for the comments. No idea where the seat came from, obviously on the bike when i got it & no receipts in with the paperwork. I presume it came from somewhere in the States. It's really comfortable. The wife has lower back problems from a horse riding accident, so she can't sit for long on bikes...until now :) She sat for 3 hours last night without moving. This bike will be a keeper for sure.

If I can get in touch with the previous owner I'll ask him 'bout the seat.

Thanks for the "look see" into the seat/passenger set up. Might be of assistance to pull the drivers seat off to see if there is any manufacturers lables/names/ID to go on.

Great looking ride!

Steve

Thanks for the comments. No idea where the seat came from, obviously on the bike when i got it & no receipts in with the paperwork. I presume it came from somewhere in the States. It's really comfortable. The wife has lower back problems from a horse riding accident, so she can't sit for long on bikes...until now :) She sat for 3 hours last night without moving. This bike will be a keeper for sure.

If I can get in touch with the previous owner I'll ask him 'bout the seat.

speedo is in both mph & kph. ...

My '09 only has KPH (Canadian bike). Think U.S. bikes only have MPH.

Where was your's originally purchased? Do U.K. bikes have both?

On that note.... how accurate is your speedo ? In North America they tend to be off 8-10% (eg. 100kph on the speedo is actually around 90kph).

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/treecol/001-2.jpg

Not sure if that link works, but that's the speedo. MPH at the top & KPH at the bottom. The bike was a US bike, imported by a UK dealer & registered here new in 08. The Venture hasn't been made for the UK market since 2001. That's why i like it, not seen another one here like this one.

& yes the speedo seems accurate.

The seat was custom made to the previous owners own design by a company near him in the UK. Unfortuantely for you guys over the pond, you have to take your seat to the maker & work on the design together. He then sends you away with a temporary cover for a few weeks to make sure the padding is the right shape & comfort, then you take it back & he covers it to your design. www.saxonseats.co.uk.

So it's not an off the shelf seat, I'm afraid.

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/treecol/001-2.jpg

...MPH at the top & KPH at the bottom. The bike was a US bike, imported by a UK dealer & registered here new in 08. .... yes the speedo seems accurate.

Anyone in the U.S. have an '08 that has both guages on it? Wonder if there is a program that can be loaded to the cluster that will display like this. Is the KPH in the LCD display (?) or painted on the glass ?

To OP - if you have a gps, compare the speed shown on the speedometer to the gps. Curious whether or not yours is correct or the same as here where it is 8-10% higher than actual.

The seat was custom made to the previous owners own design by a company near him in the UK. Unfortuantely for you guys over the pond, you have to take your seat to the maker & work on the design together. He then sends you away with a temporary cover for a few weeks to make sure the padding is the right shape & comfort, then you take it back & he covers it to your design. www.saxonseats.co.uk.

So it's not an off the shelf seat, I'm afraid.

I hate that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the nicest looking seats I've seen......the rest of the bike is pretty also ;)