IGNORED

Turn signals and speedo cable

Well I told the old gal out for a 150 loop yesterday and two things happened...

One I lost the speedo, the cable came disconnected, I'm assuming I have to remove fairing to get it back on.

Second my left turn signal began to flash faster than the right, still working properly just faster than the right.

Any help from any body would be appreciated. The turn signal is s little weird.

Bags

84 VR 120k ride and fix it again

Check the front and rear bulbs. I have seen it that when a bulb goes out, or loses connectivity, the flasher and the remaining bulb will flash fast.

You can get to the speedo by removing the front headlight.A lot easier and faster.

Speedo...did the outer casing come loose from the top? If not, you may not have to remove it, just replace the cable itself. If it did and you have small hand, you may be able to reconnect it by removing the left signal light. While you're in there the fast flashing is an indication you have a bulb burned out...........

Dang...always someone beating me with a reply......

I have the Genuine Yamaha Speedo Cable in stock here at the shop. It is the cable with the housing. If the housing has come loose, then Remove the windshield, and dismount the dash. Flip the dash over in place, lube the speedo bushing, install the new speedo housing with cable, and reinstall the dash, and windshield. If you are interested in the speedo cable, PM me.:thumbsup2:

Earl