IGNORED

Anyone have Cruise Control Operating Instructions

Can somebody scan the pages of the cruise control operation from the owners manual? I have a scan from an 83 but not a Royale. The cruise on my 84 works fine but since I don't have an owners manual for it I don't really know the limitations. I did read here that it won't work over 80mph & I also read it takes a bit to engage (1 to 1.5 mile). Does it work in EVERY gear or just when in 5th?

I finally have the bike running great with no smells or issues & the wife & I are making plans for longer road trips. Would be nice to know exactly how this thing should work.

Andy help would be appreciated.

FWIW.....

mine (88) will work in 4th or 5th (never tried in in 3rd)

When I engage it it always seems slower than the SET speed so I have to hold the ACCEL for a few seconds to get it up the the desired speed.

Mine doesn't kick out with the clutch pulled...but it does for the brakes.

Can somebody scan the pages of the cruise control operation from the owners manual? I have a scan from an 83 but not a Royale. The cruise on my 84 works fine but since I don't have an owners manual for it I don't really know the limitations. I did read here that it won't work over 80mph & I also read it takes a bit to engage (1 to 1.5 mile). Does it work in EVERY gear or just when in 5th?

I finally have the bike running great with no smells or issues & the wife & I are making plans for longer road trips. Would be nice to know exactly how this thing should work.

Andy help would be appreciated.

Here is a link the the complete owners manual, and also the shop manuals are there too.

http://www.yamahaventure.nl/en/usermanuals.html

Brian

Here is a link the the complete owners manual, and also the shop manuals are there too.

http://www.yamahaventure.nl/en/usermanuals.html

Brian

Brian,

What site is this you linked to.

That is my owners manual I scanned that is on there. I had posted it on a site at one time a few years ago.

Just curious about its journey.

Also just noticed the schematics that I only posted on this site are there.

Gary

Brian,

That is my owners manual I scanned that is on there. I had posted it on a site at one time a few years ago.

Gary

Hi Gary, I know nothing about the site other than a fellow on Facebook recommended it over ayear ago. Its a site from Holland but thats all I know about it.

I wont list it anymore if there's an issue about using it, I just thought it was helpful to have it all there. THe link on VRO doesnt seem to have all the service manuals and manuals listed or I am missing something when I look at the VRO link.

Brian

Brian,

Gary

I thought the yellow manual looked familiar, it's Gary's from here. That's the one I have & it didn't have a cruise section but at least I got some details from the 1300 manual.

Thanks Brian

Hi Gary, I know nothing about the site other than a fellow on Facebook recommended it over ayear ago. Its a site from Holland but thats all I know about it.

I wont list it anymore if there's an issue about using it, I just thought it was helpful to have it all there. THe link on VRO doesnt seem to have all the service manuals and manuals listed or I am missing something when I look at the VRO link.

Brian

I am OK with them using the stuff, just curious about where they got it.

Gary