IGNORED

Tank label removal

sleepy2

If you wish to remove it correctly you must soften the glue, I Always use a heat gun or hair dryer and warn the sicker up, the glues will relax and you can ofter make clean pull.

Heat is the most important thing you can do to remove the sticker. Sadly I learned the hard way.

My 2 cents for what it's worth..

I would not use a heat gun on the gas tank....

Using a heat gun that close to the gas tank cap would not be working in a safe enviornment and "COULD" end up "COSTING" you dearly just to remove that small decal.

No matter what project you do please work safely at all times.

I strongly reccomend using WD-40 which will remove the decal very easily and it will not disturb the paint finish at all.

Spray a small amount of WD-40 onto the decal catching the excess (running) with a soft cotton cloth or rag. Let it set for a minute, Repeat, then using your fingernal pic at the decal and WHA-LAH...the decal comes off easily. Use more WD 40 to remove all the remaining glue.

Wash area with soap and water, rince and wax it...

You could soak a rag in water and place it over your gas cap, then use the heat gun, but why take such a chance of loss when yuo can easily remove it safely with WD-40

I used a hair dryer and goo gone on a clean old T shirt, I immediately washed it and waxed it after the goo gone. You are trying to get it warm and not getting the tank any hotter than if you parked in the sun here yesterday and parking in the sun on a hot day would probably work just fine also.:thumbsup2: A hair dryer will dry hair and heat up glue, a heat gun will bubble paint.

Now I did not suggest doing this with the gas cap removed, checking your gas level with a lighter or match, suggest you cover or unplug the gas vent or doing anything stupid. If you decide to do something stupid, for the sake of the forum, please video and post the results as some of us are visual learners.:rotf::rotf:

Thanks for all the suggestions! Got the time to do it late last-night so only got a couple replies and so tried the WD40 trick but was having problems(used a thing we use at work called a white stick used for pulling off stickers)It took quite a while but finally got sticker part off BUT it was a pain in-------- to get all the glue off -even using the Goo Gone! Seems I have a few minor scratches that I hope will come out. Tried using t-shirt, shop towel,and micro-fiber clothes but scratches still appeared.Hope they come out!

Thanks for the help anyways!

Should have waited maybe----o-well hind-site is 20/20.