IGNORED

Overheating issue

merrride

I have a 2004 second gen. and had replaced temp sensor last summer, however, on today's ride, the fan is not kicking on when it should. Can a toggle switch be installed to kick the fan in manually? Any suggestions as to why this is happening and what to do to remedy?

:225:

I have a 2004 second gen. and had replaced temp sensor last summer, however, on today's ride, the fan is not kicking on when it should. Can a toggle switch be installed to kick the fan in manually? Any suggestions as to why this is happening and what to do to remedy?

:225:

Check for blown fuse, then be sure something has not fallen the shroud and is binding up the fan blades. I would think you can put a toggle switch parallel to the temp sensor, to manually turn on the fan.

Just a suggestion.... make sure the bike is cool and key turned off (or disconnect the battery) before you start checking out the fan. Don't do it when it might be hot because you could jiggle something and the next thing you know the fan comes on and you loose a couple fingers !

Pull the radiator cap and make sure radiator is topped off. Also overflow bottle should empty thru the opened cap, if not the hose is plugged and preventing the overflow bottle from servicing the radiator, keeping it topped off.