IGNORED

Rear Fender Rack

GeorgeS

Been looking for a ""Rear Fender Luggage rack"" for my new 08 RSTD. OK, came up with nothing, but sombody on this site had posted a part number. "" STR-4NK51-20-00 "" This rack fits in place of the passenger seat, for a Solo Set Up .

Also it was stated that this Yamaha Accessory has been discontinued. All True, !!

I found an accessory vendor web site that listed that number , with a photo of the part, and statement that is was indeed " discontinued "

OK-- SO ?? I stopped at a dealer today, and had the parts guy run the number on his computer system, and check parts warehouse's. He found, 4 of them still in Variious Dealer, Stock, around the country. One was in Reno, Nev. !! He hands me the phone, and I order it from the Dealer in Reno !!! ( Its being shipped to me as we speak !!!!! ) :cool10:

OK, so what ??? He also found that there are 3 more of them in stock at other dealers around the country. !!! If you want one, go to a dealer and ask the parts guy to try to locate one of them ( There are Three Left, Somplace in the U. S. on a dealer shelf )

My charge from the Reno Dealer, was $82.00 plus shipping.

I'm sure there are at least 3 members would like to have one of these rear fender racks :080402gudl_prv:

GeorgeS, I hope that these dealers really do have them...for your sake. As per our private talks before, I found out that the rear fender rack was discontinued, and I was darn lucky to find one.

But here is what I also found. At the time I was looking, the parts guys did a national dealer search for me, and told me that there was one in Las Vegas (at a dealer that I had just been to the week before, and I live in Washington), and that there were 3 of these racks in a dealer in Arizona. I called the dealer in AZ., had the parts guy manually check his stock, and despite that his own computer told him he had 3 of them, he could not find any of them on the shelves or warehouse. He called me back the next day to tell me that he did not have any, after an extensive search.

I called the dealer in Las Vegas, asked the parts guy to go put his hands on the rack, which he did, and then I paid him for it. The sent it to me, and as soon as I opened the package, I knew it was a slightly used rasck, that someone had installed, and then returned to them. I cleaned it up a dn installed it. It looked new when I was done.

If in fact these other dealers have one, and I mean the physical item is in their hands and not just on their computer screen, then you have scored !

GeorgeS, I hope that these dealers really do have them...for your sake. As per our private talks before, I found out that the rear fender rack was discontinued, and I was darn lucky to find one.

But here is what I also found. At the time I was looking, the parts guys did a national dealer search for me, and told me that there was one in Las Vegas (at a dealer that I had just been to the week before, and I live in Washington), and that there were 3 of these racks in a dealer in Arizona. I called the dealer in AZ., had the parts guy manually check his stock, and despite that his own computer told him he had 3 of them, he could not find any of them on the shelves or warehouse. He called me back the next day to tell me that he did not have any, after an extensive search.

I called the dealer in Las Vegas, asked the parts guy to go put his hands on the rack, which he did, and then I paid him for it. The sent it to me, and as soon as I opened the package, I knew it was a slightly used rasck, that someone had installed, and then returned to them. I cleaned it up a dn installed it. It looked new when I was done.

If in fact these other dealers have one, and I mean the physical item is in their hands and not just on their computer screen, then you have scored !

Well, the guy in Reno, said he had it in his hands, as we spoke, he even warned me that the box had been opened, and Re-Sealed. So he forwarned me as to that.

Also, I believe that the price ( $82.00) is somewhat below Retail, ( not sure on that ) I gave him the numbers, and he said it will be shipped ASAP !!

So, should know for sure in about 3 day's if it gets here.

So your right, I'm lucky. !!! :cool10::cool10:

And, I " LOVE " the new bike !!!!! :bluesbrother::bluesbrother::bluesbrother::bluesbrother:

• 2 weeks later...

The new fender rack arrived, it was still in the original package, and sealed up.

The package was dirty indicating it had spent many years sitting on a self somplace.

Anyway, after pealing off all the packageing the unit was in perfect condition. Got it mounted and looks good. So I am a happy camper as they say.

I would be interested to know if anybody manages to find the other 3 racks that are supposedly on a dealer shelf somplace ?