IGNORED

East coast trip - suggestions?

XV1100SE

I have a few weeks off in combination with the International and am looking for feedback and suggestions. This is a first draft of a route so it is really rough.

Basic plan is leave the International on Thursday and stay at a Cousin's in Webster MA for a night or two (Friday or Saturday arrival). Towards the end of the route we'll stay at my brother's in Griffith Ontario. Other than that... route is wide open. Thinking minimum 8 days (plus couple nights in Webster, one or two nights at my brother's). Maximum 14 days (give or take bad weather days).

Looking for suggestions on route and things to see. Planning on tenting it so will be looking for camp grounds along the route figuring 500km (300 miles) per day. Bad weather days will stay in a motel for comfort (and shower).

Here is a link to the rough route : http://mapq.st/LK3e60

Edited by XV1100SE

Travelling to a new location daily will be a quite a bit of work packing up. If you get the travel coupons enters a state you can stay almost as cheap in a hotel as campgrounds, as long as your in the states.

The areas you mapped out will be great and I am sure there is no shortage of things to do and see.

Suggest making a location getting there setting up camp then drive around the area for a day or two, and then move on to a new location.

I know the suggestion is just an idea, but that is how I would look at it. You either have to travel further the first and last days or not go as far.

West Virgiania is a great area, not far away, great roads and not expensive

Enjoy what ever you end up doing