IGNORED

Another cruise control question

creole

The cruise on my 99 RSV kicks out on hills and more easily riding 2 up. It did not work when I bought the bike and I have been through all the switches and diagnostics and found a carb cable out of adjustment a long way. My real feeling now is that I still have an adjustment issue and wondered if anyone felt that I have things too tight or not tight enough on adjustment tolerances. It seems that the cc can't respond fast enough and kicks out because of not holding speed up or down hills. On flats it's fine riding solo is fine also even in some small hills. Thanks for your thoughts.

Either your throttle cables are gummed up (any of the five cables), possibly your throttle linkages are gummed/fouled up (considering the age of your bike), or you have a vacuum leak between the vacuum motor under the right lower cowling and the vacuum servo under the left lower cowling.

Goose

Edited by V7Goose

I was/am having a similar problem. Tonight after getting home from a ride I decided to check all the cable adjustments. Found that the adjustment on the vacuum autuator to be loose. I'll know tomorrow if that did the trick fixing mine.

Larry

Just may have answered my own question. We went on a 700 mile knock around trip this weekend and when we were about 70 miles from home on our return trip, our fuel filter plugged off. We pulled over and the only thing we could do was pull it out and splice the fuel line back together with an ink pen barrel. After that on the way in the cruise maintained speed on the hills much better with 2 up and loaded for our weekend trip. I'm wondering now if the fuel supply was limited enough and lugging up the hills in OD such that the c.c. couldn't maintain speed and just kicked out. I've only had the bike a few months and didn't really have any way to judge the way it was acting, not to mention the C.C. didn't work when I bought it.