IGNORED

Trunk Racks??

Yammer Dan

On the way back from MD my radio crapped out. Stopped at rest area to look and antenna was draging behind me. Broke off the rack. Question is what racks fit?? 85- 93??86-93?? or 83-93?? Ithink it is 86-93 but wanted to check. Several on fle-Bay right now. Just missed one for 109 bucks forgot to bid. Maybe he will relist it. It was 86 pretty sure that would fit my 86.....:think:

I could fix it but there were several on E-Bay and I thought just replace it??? Just not sure what they changed on them when. The 85 is bigger trunk but is mounting rack same as 86-93?? Will 83-84 work?? Just thinking. Gets me in trouble. I probally will take it and use my reborn welding skills on it.

Actually had that happen on my first gen, I used a piece of aluminum to hook up under the trunk, drilled it for the antenna and went with that and never had another problem.. i think the piece I used was almost a 1/4" thick x 1 1/4 wide scrap I had at the time.

OK, the basic rack for the '83 and '84 had some extra metal added to it for '85 and the antenna bracket is longer to accomodate the bigger trunk. Then they welded the two angular bars on the '86 thru '93 but the initial '83 rack is the same as always, just added extra stuff to it!

That being said, if you are coming to the international Dan, I have an extra MK2 rack you can have...

I am guessing you are talking about the bracket the trunk mounts to. I have a brand new one that is for a removable trunk that I will sell cheap plus actual shipping. The part number is; 54K-28475-00 if that helps.