IGNORED

Riding has never been the same......

kevin-vic-b.c.

.....since my friend Jana was killed last July. Finally his killer is getting some court time. Her lawyer is playing all the poor me angles.... All I want is this lady behind bars so I do not have to stand on the side of a highway and give another eulogy for a fallen rider.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.timescolonist.com%2Fnews%2FWoman%2Bpleads%2Bguilty%2Bfatal%2Bcrash%2F6811255%2Fstory.html&h=XAQHMYCCrAQGBIfUJZmRjK2ws4rF3rV9Le-WML6npTCf_lA

I truely believe that everyone should be given equal treatment under the laws of the land.

so why this? (from the news article)

He (the judge) also ordered a "Gladue" report, which takes into account Smith's aboriginal heritage.

If I got on an accident would my British heritage have any bearing?

But then, I also wonder why they don't have "straight, married, hetrosexual parades"

In the article, someone says that "She didn't mean to do this"! Really? And what did she think would happen when she started to drink and take drugs that day, knowing that she would eventually get behind the wheel? Give me a break! She knew what she was doing when she started to get high and she should be judged on that basis ... of course that won't happen, but we can dream can't we?

Andy

yes dream of all the idiots driving drunk and high that have or have not made a catasrtophy of thier life by mameing or killing an inocent victom may they all rot in prison reguardles of thier heratige they all deserve the max weather they were consiouse of it or not i realy do hate reading stories like that it get my blood boiling and then i get the shakes i hope your friends family gets due justice and glad the young lady admited her fault

Being in the insurance business customers ask me all the time when their rates are going to go down. I've started tellling them as long as we have idiots driving the rates will never go down. We now have claims constantly where someone was texting and hit someone. One of my insured's was stopped at a traffic light last week and all of a sudden he was hit from behind. It's a miracle he wasn't killed. The other driver was texting and never slowed until hitting him. Last week I was riding my bike to work and a pickup pulled from a driveway at a store directly into my lane. Fortunatley I was able to serve into the left lane. When I went by I saw the driver looking down texting and he was weaving all over his lane. When someone has an accident texting or talking on a cell they should have their license revoked for a minimum of 6 months. I'm getting paranoid about driving. We have seen an increase in claims where the other driver is charged with DUI at 10:00am.

Waiting at a traffic light this morning, I witnessed a car make a left turn in front of an oncoming car. Neither slowed down. Both on cell phones. They barely missed each other. Made me realize, I probably not only need to stop riding, I need to wear a helmet & put a roll cage in my car.