IGNORED

need more wind deflection for RSV?

I only put about 20 miles on my 01 RSV since I got it 2 weeks ago.

All write-ups talked about the "bubble of air" protection but never mentioned the stream of air which hits my knees that comes between the upper & lower cowlings. It does have the clear deflectors on the bottom of upper cowling and the wings on the forks.

Anyone find after-market deflectors or something that stops or diverts this airflow

I only put about 20 miles on my 01 RSV since I got it 2 weeks ago.

All write-ups talked about the "bubble of air" protection but never mentioned the stream of air which hits my knees that comes between the upper & lower cowlings. It does have the clear deflectors on the bottom of upper cowling and the wings on the forks.

Anyone find after-market deflectors or something that stops or diverts this airflow

Check with Baker. They may have something...

Theres no after market except maybe the Baker Air Wings.

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/yamaha.htm

I made a much smaller set that attachs the upper part of the lower fairing.

Its fairly easy to do with some sheet abs, a toaster oven, some gloves, and some velcro.

Buddy Rich, could you put up some photos? I am interested in ding something like that.

Thanks.

Alan, Here's the pics. Its not rocket science.

Just cut a couple of pieces of abs, I think I used 1/8 thick. Heat in a toaster oven to 275 I think . You can tell cause it will get soft. Too hot and it bubbles. With a pair of heavy gloves take a piece out and slide about 4 or 5 inchs of it under the lower fairing and push up to form it to the lower. At the same time form the cup shape on the exposed part to push the air up and out. It will cool fairly quickly and get solid then. Then apply velcro to the under side of the lower and the mating side of your new wind deflector. The wind will be forced up and out. You can see a basic shape to use in the pics. Its a trial and error thing to get the size you need but these have been on for 2 years with no problem. Lots of velcro and maybe a small piece of form on top of the air cleaner to maintain upward pressure on the velcro after it gets a couple of years old. Good luck.

The cold knee syndrome solution, as I ride in very cold weather in WPG. MB. I looked for a way to keep my knees warm and I found that the knee pads which wrap around your knees, when you are working in the garden, or they are used to protect your knees from a hard surface offer a good way to solve this cold air problem. They are held on by velcro and can be removed and put in the bags until needed. And they are very cheap.

" mobile "

put 100 mi on my RSV since I got it 2 weeks ago. temp was 38 this am. wanted to try my RSV for 1st time commuting. I put on my leather chaps, leather jacket, insulated gloves & helmet (of course) and dr0ve 30 min on freeway at 70 mph. Loved every minute of it! It was very cold but I was NOT cold. I was not froze with numb fingers as I would have been on my VT Honda with only a shield. It's a keeper and the V twin - as much as I love the 2004 Sabre - will go on the auction block this spring. My red 2001 RSV will take its place in my garage!

I Would still like to block/stop/divert that unwanted tunnel of wind streaming between the upper/lower cowlings though!

Buddy

Did your mod eliminate air flow around the knees.

Thanks

Gambler

Yes. I don't get any air on the knees now.

I have the lower wind vents on also. They work really good in the summer to cool the feet and shins but have no effect on the knees where as this mod fixes that.