IGNORED

Ride-on tire sealant does work

venturejockey

Had a flat when I left work yesterday. Found a small whole, muscled it to Wal Mart next door to work and filled it up. Road home got up this morning and its still good. Tire was kind of Ify anyway, so I'm going to wait on the new one before I ride again. But for what its worth, if you have Ride-On in the tires and a way to inflate them when you get a puncture you can "RIDE-ON".:rotf:

No I did not buy it ar Wal Mart. The ride-on was already in the tire. The puncture was near the edge of the tread close to the side wall. Not in a part of the tire where I normally ride to and from work. When I parked the bike the puncture was on the up side of the tire directly away from where the ride-on could seal the hole.

When I came out from work the tire was flat, so I muscled the bike over to wally world to fill it up. Then made sure that I rolled around at a pretty good lean angle to get the sealant along the part of the tire where the leak was.

That was friday this is sunday the tire is still holding air. Seem to me like it works. By the way my wife's new Mazda MX-5 doesn't have a spare, just tire sealant and a pump. Kind of the same principle, I think.

I recently decided to use Ride-On, for the first time, while installing two new tires. The label stated that the material would intialized when you pulled the protruding item from the tire and immediatly rode on a it for a few miles. The solution somehow fills in the opening while rotating within the inside of the tire.

So, I assume I would need to be near a compressed air source, before pulling out what ever I found in the tire. If I was to find something in a tire, and was not losing air, I would most likely leave the item in the tire and head for the nearest dealership first!

As I was told by someone else who uses this reguarily, "Use it all the time, never have had a flat tire, so not sure if it works or not"!

Added insurance, I suppose!

Regards, MC Murray

99 RSV

00 Roadstar

Did a trip around lake Michigan about a week ago. Starting in Chicago,by the time I was in Mackinaw I had a flat. I was carrying a slime kit with me consisting of a bottle of slime, small compressor, and attachments. Pulled out the screw like instructions recommended and filled tire with slime, it held for short time and started leaking again. Did this about 3x's than put the screw back in that I took out and rode all the way back to Chicago. I will not be using slime again but the port. compressor was handy. I'll try the ride-on next time.

Bill

Bill what was the brand of mini , compressor you used? Very interested!

Did a trip around lake Michigan about a week ago. Starting in Chicago,by the time I was in Mackinaw I had a flat. I was carrying a slime kit with me consisting of a bottle of slime, small compressor, and attachments. Pulled out the screw like instructions recommended and filled tire with slime, it held for short time and started leaking again. Did this about 3x's than put the screw back in that I took out and rode all the way back to Chicago. I will not be using slime again but the port. compressor was handy. I'll try the ride-on next time.

Bill

I have seen the Slime repair kit/pump at Wal Mart for $13.00 and at Harbor Freight no price posted there. I think I'll buy the one at Wal Mart set the Slime on the shelf, and put the pump in the took kit.

I'm assuming the pump worked well. That's why I didn't buy it in the first place. I wasn't too sure it was worth anything.

Where did you plug it in? Did you use the accessory plug in the fairing? I was unsure if it could handle the load.

Plugged into acc. outlet in the fairing, it only took a couple of minutes to fill the rear tire. It has a pressure guage right on the pump which worked fine also. After using it about 3 times there was no signs of a drained battery when restarting the bike.

I just bought new tires and before they were mounted added the Ride-On sealant to them. From all reports I've read it should work if the leak is in the road contact area of the tires.

Anyhow here's hoping I never need to find out. I'll check on those tire pumps myself too. Might be a very handy item to have in the tool kit.

Larry

Can the Ride On be applied with tires on the Bike?

Yes. Just roll the wheel until the valve stim is at the bottom, let the air out, remove the valve stim, put 8oz of Ride-On in the tire, replace the valve stim, air back up, and roll the bike around. Then you are good to go.

Can the Ride On be applied with tires on the Bike?

Yes you can, but you do need to deflate the tires when doing it, thus you will have to have the bike up on a jack/lift to get the wheels off the ground.

Since you're not far from me I could assist you with this if you want the help. I have what we need except the Ride-On sealant. Let me know and we set up something. I'm just 3 miles north of Metro-Airport. I'll most likely see you this coming Saturday at Floyd's Meet & eat anyhow.

Larry

thank You Carbon_one, I appreciate it.

Yes you can, but you do need to deflate the tires when doing it, thus you will have to have the bike up on a jack/lift to get the wheels off the ground.

Since you're not far from me I could assist you with this if you want the help. I have what we need except the Ride-On sealant. Let me know and we set up something. I'm just 3 miles north of Metro-Airport. I'll most likely see you this coming Saturday at Floyd's Meet & eat anyhow.

Larry