IGNORED

exhaust leak: Want cheap fix

I've got an exhaust leak right out of the rear cylinder on the right side. Took off the clamp and saw the metal ring somewhat rusted, so it doesn't fit tightly any more. I would like to fix this without taking the whole bike apart. Someone suggested JB Weld. I've used it before in different applications, but not in such a hi-temp spot. Will it work where the exhaust is coming through at its hottest? Is there some kind of RTV caulk that will stand these temps?

• 3 months later...

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried Ultra Copper and it worked just fine. That is, I could feel there was no leaking around #3 cylinder exhaust just inches from the cylinder. But then I heard another which I couldn't find. Took it to Yamaha Sports Plaza in Portland OR. Head fixit man there showed me there was another leak about a foot down the pipe where it goes into an exhaust collector thing. Too hard to get to for me. I tried the other day, but it would obviously take more disassembling that I am willing to do or capable of. So, I'll have to live with it. And way too expensive to have someone else do. The guy said it wouldn't affect the operation any, so that's that, I guess. :whistling: