IGNORED

Clearview vs. F4 Customs windshield

Is there anybody that can give me the real lowdown on BOTH of these windshields? I want one that makes the Calm air "bubble" extend back to include my passenger. She gets slapped around terribly back there. I know that with things aerodynamic, bigger doesn't always mean better. It just looks like the Clearview is selling its shape, and F4 is selling it's enormity. Is it possible that the better shape of the Clearview will outperform the huge F4?

I'll go along with Bob here as well. I've had 2 Clearview shields (tallest & widests w/vents, one with tint) and loved them over the stock Yamaha shield. I'm now going on my 2nd year of the F4 shield and do think it has a slight edge.

The durability, extra width, clearness has sold me on it. This one is also the wide,tall w/vent model.

Wife gets no buffeting either.:2cents:

Larry

A friend put the largest f4 on his gl1500 a couple of weeks ago and then went for a ride out to the lakes area at about 60 mph and it was a bit windy as it buffeted both of our bikes around. When we got back into town he thought he saw a cobweb on his windshield and when looking closer it was cracked all the way through 2 ways from the factory vent and the mounting holes area looked like they were shattered glass, it had almost come completely apart while we were on the road. The F4 seemed to be very brittle and now i would be worried about how sharp these edges would be if you were to get into an accident or if the windshield would let go in the highway. The company he bought it from replaced it free of charge but he didnt go with an f4 again.

I know my clearview xxl is much more flexible and i dont think it would break into sharp edges like the f4.

Being scratch proof is fine, but i think my safety is worth dealing with some scratches.

Brian

A friend put the largest f4 on his gl1500 a couple of weeks ago and then went for a ride out to the lakes area at about 60 mph and it was a bit windy as it buffeted both of our bikes around. When we got back into town he thought he saw a cobweb on his windshield and when looking closer it was cracked all the way through 2 ways from the factory vent and the mounting holes area looked like they were shattered glass, it had almost come completely apart while we were on the road. The F4 seemed to be very brittle and now i would be worried about how sharp these edges would be if you were to get into an accident or if the windshield would let go in the highway. The company he bought it from replaced it free of charge but he didnt go with an f4 again.

I know my clearview xxl is much more flexible and i dont think it would break into sharp edges like the f4.

Being scratch proof is fine, but i think my safety is worth dealing with some scratches.

Brian

My experince has been the complete opposite of your Wing friends windshield. My 1st Clearview shattered when I dropped the bike leaving several sharp jagged edges on what was still left on the bike. That one was a clear wide tall model. I replaced it with a 2nd Clearview and added tint to the order. When I reviewed the F4 shields I was impressed enought about the abuse they could take and reported clairity I decided to try one.

My impression is that the F4 is more flexable than the Clearview since I notice the shield moving about under extremely windy conditions. My Cleaview doesn't flex no where near as much. F4 replaced it under warranty because there was a hairline crack from a vent corner about 3/8-1/2" long. I wasn't too worried about it as the crack was only on one side of the shield. After contacting about it F4 sent me a replacement and even included a return shipping label. They went above and beyound customer service in my opinion. :thumbsup2:

I will say that while I had the Clearview shield on I was happy with the performance of it. For now I will stay with the F4.

Larry

Anybody have any experience with the slipstream bagger windshield? I don't have to worry about a passenger, but I would like a bit more wind. My clear view is great but I don't have a vent in it so things get a tad hot on warm days.

Here is the link. The video shows how it works.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/14/135/46811/ITEM/Slip-Streamer-BaggerShield.aspx

Brian

I have a Clearview on my RSV and like it. I had a Clearview on one of my Goldwings and I flew through it when I T-Boned a car that turned in front of me. I can tell you from first hand experience that the Clearview had lots of sharp points and edges after it was punctured by my face then body flying through it.:(

• 3 years later...

The F4 is made of high optics poly carbonate and this is what the OEM's use as it is much safer than Acylic. The difference is that we name a hard coating into our shield making them very durable. They are highly scratch resistant, shed rain, and are optically perfect. We have very minimal Warranty issues and offer a 4 year warranty against cracking,crazing, and delamination. The F4 cleans with just paper towels and any glass cleaner. We would love to earn your business. Don 330-968-46449

I have a Clearview on my RSV and like it. I had a Clearview on one of my Goldwings and I flew through it when I T-Boned a car that turned in front of me. I can tell you from first hand experience that the Clearview had lots of sharp points and edges after it was punctured by my face then body flying through it.:(

• 1 year later...

Brian

This is Don at F4 Customs and there is no way our windshields will break. They are made of High Optics Polycarbonate and you can bend it 90 degrees, hit it with a sledge and you will not tear or break it. Here is a video that will illustrate how tough our shields are.