IGNORED

RK Muffler Clamps

I plan on buying a set of the v twin wide clamps. But I am in sort of a time crunch and may not have time to get the clamps shipped. So my question is do you all think as a temp fix a guy could use a worm type hose clamp?

I plan on buying a set of the v twin wide clamps. But I am in sort of a time crunch and may not have time to get the clamps shipped. So my question is do you all think as a temp fix a guy could use a worm type hose clamp?

In a pinch, that might work but I think if it were me I'd find a clamp that uses a bolt-nut tightening method and has a solid clamp body. But, give 'er a try anyway... ya can't lose much.

I'm despretly looking for some on e-bay now. Just to kind of see how much and shipping time. I have a 2200 mile trip planned and would like to run them on it. But I dont want one to fall of in say backwoods Kentucky or something either. With the brackets I dont think they would actually fall of do you?

I'm despretly looking for some on e-bay now. Just to kind of see how much and shipping time. I have a 2200 mile trip planned and would like to run them on it. But I dont want one to fall of in say backwoods Kentucky or something either. With the brackets I dont think they would actually fall of do you?

The brackets will hold them in place... the clamps stop them from twisting and leaking.

One of our members here rode all the way from here to Cody WY and back with loose clamps and worn rubbers where the brackets bold to the sub frame and never lost his mufflers. His mufflers wagged like a puppy dog's tail! LOL

AH thanks. I'm riding with some Harley guys so they experienced in watching for falling parts. :stirthepot: I found the clmaps for about $19 @ debrix cycles, but heck the shipping is $13. Still thts $10 cheaper than what I have found on e-bay. I wounder if a HD dealer would have them in stock? I have to make a trip up to Daytona around the 4th of July for work. What do you think my chances are of J&P having a sutible clamp or maybe Rothmyers HD having the clmaps in stock? Surely this cant be the only company that makes these clamps, can they? They must be a OEM clamp for something. They are like 2" wide right?