IGNORED

An Interesting Read

SilvrT

For every pro-"dark side" article there is probably an anti-"dark side" article (was going to say 5 to 1 against but don't have accurate numbers).

I'm neither for or against using a car tire on the back. I don't and not likely to try it. But I have no objections to anyone else trying it or doing it unless someone "official" can come out with qualified and proven reasons why not. Opinion doesn't count.

I think the link you provided gives a (biased but) accurate account of what it is like to use a car tire on the back. Each to his own.

For every pro-"dark side" article there is probably an anti-"dark side" article (was going to say 5 to 1 against but don't have accurate numbers).

I'm neither for or against using a car tire on the back. I don't and not likely to try it. But I have no objections to anyone else trying it or doing it unless someone "official" can come out with qualified and proven reasons why not. Opinion doesn't count.

I think the link you provided gives a (biased but) accurate account of what it is like to use a car tire on the back. Each to his own.

I don't see it as biased since he is making comparisons to his experience on both types of tires. To be biased would infer an unfair comparison, would it not?

As for the "anti-darkside" articles, the ones I have seen are biased because, in none of them did the writer(s) have sufficient or any real experience on a CT. In fact, until there is an "official" reason "why not" then no matter who is talking be it for or against, it is still opinion. Someone with an opinion who has no experience is, therefore, in my opinion biased.

...Someone with an opinion who has no experience is, therefore, in my opinion biased.

I agree with you. And that is the thing... a lot of those people that are against the idea have never tried it. For me, I haven't tried it and have no interest in it but for those that do, its their choice.

Lot comes down to personal preference whether it is tires (Avon vs Dunlop), accessories, pulling a trailer with a bike... up to the individual to decide what is best for them or what they prefer. Not up to anyone else to comment unless they have an opinion that they can back up with facts if they are against it.

I don't see it as biased since he is making comparisons to his experience on both types of tires. To be biased would infer an unfair comparison, would it not? ....

Granted.

The author of the write up does state :

"I am not looking to justify my actions or convert anybody. I am seeking to explain what I have tried and why, so those that have an open mind and some experience to go with it can understand. Frankly, like oil choices, I do not feel the emotion and anger often shown over the issue are merited. It's just not that big a deal."

I think this is also the reason you started this thread...not to convert anyone for or against the "dark side" but to present someone's actual experience.

Anyone reading this that wants to argue against the "dark side"... remember that what someone wants to run on their bike is their choice. I think this was a good write up by the author to state their experiences.

I think this is also the reason you started this thread...not to convert anyone for or against the "dark side" but to present someone's actual experience.

Exactly .. and like a lot of other things folks post here ... just another piece of interesting information they felt worthy of sharing with this fine group.

Well I'm glad you posted this. I tried the dark side. It didn't work for me then but I'm still interested in someone else's experiences. One day I might go back and try it again under the different circumstances. Thanks again for posting and like you said in the beginning, Interesting Read.

Well I'm glad you posted this. I tried the dark side. It didn't work for me then but I'm still interested in someone else's experiences. One day I might go back and try it again under the different circumstances. Thanks again for posting and like you said in the beginning, Interesting Read.

It would seem to me (from what I've read) that the CT does not lend itself as well to an RSV as it does a Wing.

Many have used the CT and have been well pleased with it. I didn't like the way my bike reacted to the change but I try to keep an open mind about others' success. And yes most of the ones that have tried it on a GW have had even better results.