IGNORED

Regarding TCI Options

Does anyone can recondition stock TCI? I know that I can get an aftermarket for around $250, but I can't spend that at this time. I will be trying to clean it up and see what happens from there. Im heading to Montreal near the end osf the month and I need something done soon.

Thank you.

The bike is running, once in a while it will cut off. My mechanic traced it to the tci. So I need to find someone that could make it better.

There are several other things in the wiring that would make one think it was the TCI, when it is only responding to its inputs. There are some people on here that are very experienced with these bikes and I have yet to see a good way of pinpointing a TCI other than swapping it for a good one as a test.

There is a six pin connector coming from the pick up coils near the shock damper that I have seen cause problems that would include cutting out.

There is a cut out circuit that checks a 'bank angle' switch in the headlight compartment, this circuit can kill TCI if intermittent.

The power supply circuit to the TCI can fail. The 83's have glass tube style fuses which are a common failure point. The holder weakens and does not clamp fuse well enough, check both ends.

Gary