IGNORED

Market for 83' venture parts

easternrider

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-touring-2-for-1-1983-YAMAHA-VENTURE-REDUCED-W0QQAdIdZ374867023

Really looking to purchase this bike, and do not need it all. Will be looking to part out most of it. Just wondering how much 83' parts are in need? Also, mine is an 84, so can someone tell me how much of this I can use on it? How interchangeable are the parts from 83 to 84? Thanks

Maybe rear caliper, if can't loosen mine

rear rotor, if in good shape

carbs, just for a spare

seat, if in better shape than mine

maybe even repaint some plastic, if in better shape than mine

exhaust, if in better ..........

not sure yet what else

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-touring-2-for-1-1983-YAMAHA-VENTURE-REDUCED-W0QQAdIdZ374867023

Really looking to purchase this bike, and do not need it all. Will be looking to part out most of it. Just wondering how much 83' parts are in need? Also, mine is an 84, so can someone tell me how much of this I can use on it? How interchangeable are the parts from 83 to 84? Thanks

Outside of a few subtle changes it's all interchangable. Dash and choke lever are two items that come to mind that aren't the same but can still be 'adapted'.... If you're thinking about selling off parts the market might not be the best for 1stGen stuff lately.... When shipping the stuff to the US the cost will kill any sales south....

Maybe rear caliper, if can't loosen mine

rear rotor, if in good shape

carbs, just for a spare

seat, if in better shape than mine

maybe even repaint some plastic, if in better shape than mine

exhaust, if in better ..........

not sure yet what else

Everything you've listed will be identical, except the sidecovers (if that's the plastic you are thinking of). Now the side panels will work, except you will also have to change the frame braces (they unbolt---easy to change). THe lower sidepanel mount on the 83 has uses a grommet on the frame brace, and the 84 and later uses a rubber piece to latch the lower side of the side panels.

Frank

Everything you've listed will be identical, except the sidecovers (if that's the plastic you are thinking of). Now the side panels will work, except you will also have to change the frame braces (they unbolt---easy to change). THe lower sidepanel mount on the 83 has uses a grommet on the frame brace, and the 84 and later uses a rubber piece to latch the lower side of the side panels.

Frank

True, but only the first 300 or so Ventures in '83 had the gromet, not all '83's. Yamaha went to the strap very quickly due to the plastic 'horns' breaking. My '83 was #389 and had the straps..