IGNORED

Me thinks the dealer is smoking sumthin'

Sideoftheroad

The second one shows 140 mph

You can always go in and make an offer. Worst he can do is say no.

I got a nice truck from a dealer that way once, I went in and made an offer on it once a month for 4 months. Every offer was $1000 less than the previous one. They finally accepted my last offer during a blizzard just to get it off the lot it was the ONLY sale of the day during that storm.

Those years are some of the nicest looking I think but the poorest performing models. I was looking at buying one. Decide the it would be a C5 or C6 model when I get one. The mid to late 70's was a bad time for muscle cars because of fuel prices.

No way the dealer can justify a 24k price tag on a 30 yr old vette unless it is 0 miles and well documented that it was owned by a dead celebrity or has some factory installed option that no other vette of the same make/model/year has. As it is they are looking for a P.T. Barnum or it will just sit there for months on end until they need the real estate space and send it to the auction block where they will get a realistic price for it.

If you look at their site they also have a late 70's Lincoln Mark V for 6k. Again not in this economy. Not that great of a color either.

At least the vette from the 2nd link is an anniversary edition.